3.87/168 Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Onta1998

New

3.87/168

Post by Onta1998 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 12:00 pm

Scored a 168 on my second LSAT. Undergrad GPA is 3.94 but community college classes I took during high school brings my LSAC GPA to 3.87.
Attended a small liberal arts university and have three strong academic LOR. Decided to take a year off before law school so I also have a LOR from the head of the boutique legal firm I am working for now. Resume is strong with both work experience and a few notable academic works but nothing that will wow admissions.
I am thinking of applying broadly to most T-14 (minus Yale, Columbia, Stanford, and Berkely). Also thinking of applying to Vandy, UT Austin, WashU, Notre Dame, and Boston College.
Thoughts?

crazywafflez

Silver

Re: 3.87/168

Post by crazywafflez » Tue Nov 10, 2020 12:37 pm

I think you'll have a good cycle. Most of the bottom half of the T14 are gonna be good for you. Apply broadly to see what packages you get. If I had to guess I think you'll get sticker at a place like UVA, a small scholarship to G'town; and possibly decent packages at Vandy/UT. A great package from WashU, BC, and Notre Dame.
Apply broadly. If you are looking at T20 schools on into the T1, make sure it is in the region you want to practice and that it is cheap in general.
Best of luck.

zeglo

Silver

Re: 3.87/168

Post by zeglo » Tue Nov 10, 2020 12:49 pm

I had very similar stats.

You will very likely get in to at least one T14 (Georgetown, Cornell, Northwestern, NYU and Duke in particular) probably more than one, with some medium amount of scholarship money.

Or you will get into the slightly lower-ranked schools you listed with a lot of money.

Return to “What are my chances?”