3.1x/171/n-URM Super splitter chances? Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
crazywafflez

Silver

Re: 3.1x/171/n-URM Super splitter chances?

Post by crazywafflez » Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:30 pm

I'd consider shooting your ED to Northwestern instead. I think your fears are going to be the same regardless of the law school- most are majority white women. I wouldn't worry about the exclusivity of UVA or the diversity there or in BC. If diversity is a must (and by diversity, I mean a majority AA population) I think a fullride to Howard could be good, if you are an AA. I'm a minority as well and went to a school in the heartland (where I've lived 2/3s of my life); I've never had a problem - that's not to say that problems don't exist, I just think you'll be fine in any small city-large city as the US is pretty similar regardless of region. I also think that most mid-sized and bigger cities will have areas you can live that are more diverse. Moreover, if you are looking at any T1 school, I think Asian Americans, including MENA, will be overrepresented for their population. If you are native american, it'll be much tougher to find a school with any such populace, I'd email the school administration and see if they have any accommodations (I'm part Catawba, and UNC did have special help for folks from that background, but I cannot speak for others).
I think you'll need to apply broadly- you are a splitter and your options will be crazy; don't do UVA ED though unless they vie you a scholly with it (i'm not sure if they do). I know NW does, and they are splitter friendly, and a great school- plus, Chicago is def a pretty diverse city. If BL is your goal, you really need a T14 degree, barring that, a T20 with top notch grades (and I wouldn't go to these unless I had a good scholarship package). Best of luck.

Return to “What are my chances?”