Vandy Early Decision App Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
AB1999

New

Vandy Early Decision App

Post by AB1999 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:41 pm

3.3 GPA and 168 LSAT
Good undergrad school and decent softs.
LSN data shows that I have a 50/50 shot of getting in RD, I am wondering if those odds would be much lower ED given guaranteed money.

Thank you in advance and best of luck to everyone applying this cycle.

ALCA1920

New

Re: Vandy Early Decision App

Post by ALCA1920 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:36 am

I believe MyLSN has an option where you can include ED into the equation. Also look at lawschooldata.org. I remember reading a thread where someone asked about EDing to a school that guaranteed a half-tuition scholarship (I think it was USC), and the ED pool was said to be more competitive as a result, which lowered everyone's chances at getting in ED. But no one really knows aside from the admissions officers themselves on whether applying ED boosts your chances in that scenario. On Vandy's website, it says that "Binding Early Decision candidates do not have a significant advantage in the competitive selection process through which Vanderbilt’s entering class of about 175 - 180 J.D. students emerges from approximately 5,000 applications annually."

Unsolicited advice- you have good enough numbers to get in RD with some scholarship money. Even if it's less than half-tuition, there's something to be said about not committing your future to one school for 150k+ in loans with an 8% interest rate. There are other schools that have just as good employment numbers as Vandy and would give you a good scholarship for your lsat score.

Return to “What are my chances?”