3.81 GPA/171 LSAT — CCN chances Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
winterwolf

New

3.81 GPA/171 LSAT — CCN chances

Post by winterwolf » Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:56 pm

Stats are 171/3.81 GPA. After going through hundreds of these forum posts & calcs, though I have solid leadership/work exp/grad school, believe HYS may be just out of range unfortunately (and that I'd need a ~174 to be competitive given my below median GPA).

Interested in chances at CCN (which I'm assuming my stats kind of land me at?), and what some $$ outcomes could look like further down the T14.

Admit I'm a little bit concerned about the apparently huge 170x score quantity #s coming from early LSAT data, specifically in terms of having an LSAT score that just misses the 172 median at CLS and a GPA that is similarly below GPA median at Chicago — how hard will this hurt?

The Lsat Airbender

Gold

Re: 3.81 GPA/171 LSAT — CCN chances

Post by The Lsat Airbender » Fri Oct 09, 2020 1:50 pm

Decent chances at all of CCN, especially NYU where you mainly just need to dodge a weird waitlist. Even a small-but-real chance at Harvard according to LSN.

If schools at 170 are making a push for 171, you're going to be part of their efforts there, so I wouldn't worry too much about that. You're a in good position for scholarship offers at a lot of T14 schools, including NYU, although I wouldn't plan on a full ride.

winterwolf

New

Post by winterwolf » Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:56 pm

The Lsat Airbender wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 1:50 pm
Decent chances at all of CCN, especially NYU where you mainly just need to dodge a weird waitlist. Even a small-but-real chance at Harvard according to LSN.

If schools at 170 are making a push for 171, you're going to be part of their efforts there, so I wouldn't worry too much about that. You're a in good position for scholarship offers at a lot of T14 schools, including NYU, although I wouldn't plan on a full ride.
Thanks. Makes sense. Could you expand what you mean re NYU's 'weird waitlist'? Figure I'm around the ballpark of their numbers, so assuming it doesn't have to do with YP.

The Lsat Airbender

Gold

Post by The Lsat Airbender » Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:08 pm

Weird as in unexpected, sorry if that wasn't clear. Nothing is guaranteed.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”