Chances at T15 with LSAT:168, GPA:3.72 (Undergrad major: Biomedical Sciences) Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
stellajayv

New

Chances at T15 with LSAT:168, GPA:3.72 (Undergrad major: Biomedical Sciences)

Post by stellajayv » Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:08 pm

I am taking the LSAT in October. But, with these current stats, how am I looking? I recently switched from applying to medical school to applying to law school, so this is all very new to me. I have nearly 1,000 hours of volunteer experience, if that matters. And have two stellar recommendations locked down, including one from the Dean of my undergraduate institute himself.

The Lsat Airbender

Gold

Re: Chances at T15 with LSAT:168, GPA:3.72 (Undergrad major: Biomedical Sciences)

Post by The Lsat Airbender » Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:22 pm

With your numbers, solid chances at Cornell, GULC, and Texas, outside shot at Berkeley (i.e., all of the schools where your LSAT hits median or better) and pretty bad chances everywhere else. The volunteer work and rec letters are decent soft factors, but not the sort of hook that would enable you to outperform your numbers.

Your GPA is good but not great, so the LSAT is super consequential for you. Getting to 169 opens a lot of T14 doors and a 170 or 171 could unlock some big scholarships.

mwells_56

New

Re: Chances at T15 with LSAT:168, GPA:3.72 (Undergrad major: Biomedical Sciences)

Post by mwells_56 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:18 am

I had the same numbers as a KJD. Waitlisted and/or rejected from all the t13. But I got nice scholarships at Georgetown, WashU, and Fordham. PM if you want more details

unknown94

New

Post by unknown94 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:44 pm

From current attendee of T6. Major probably doesn't help that much. When looking at the T13 generally, and the higher up one goes, previous background matters less for firm recruiting. So why should the schools care that much? There are less patent jobs than there used to be, and those tend to be populated by individuals with extensive experience in that industry, former USPTO examiners etc. Large firms also do limited patent work today, and much of it is now done at boutiques, to which T13 law students rarely go.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”