3.92, 170 - Chances of $ at T14? Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
abcanada

New

3.92, 170 - Chances of $ at T14?

Post by abcanada » Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:13 am

Decent but not great softs. Co-op as a production supervisor at a manufacturing plant, and co-op as a junior analyst at a pretty well known bank, captain of a varsity sports team. Money is pretty tight. Any chance at getting at least 70% scholarship at a T14?

AJordan

Silver

Re: 3.92, 170 - Chances of $ at T14?

Post by AJordan » Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:51 am

Blanket. Good chance you hit that number somewhere between UVA and Cornell. It's a numbers game. You help both medians. Congratulations, you're in a spot where you're just looking to avoid any real negative opinion on your other application materials. Just make sure all your material is free from error and that you don't come off arrogant or entitled. Write ALL "Why X" essays even if not asked for.

The Lsat Airbender

Gold

Post by The Lsat Airbender » Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:40 pm

Great advice above. MyLSN shows a ton of people with your profile getting scholarships in the $100-150k area.

https://mylsn.info/xz4uxj/

abcanada

New

Post by abcanada » Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:44 pm

The Lsat Airbender wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:40 pm
Great advice above. MyLSN shows a ton of people with your profile getting scholarships in the $100-150k area.

Thanks for the reply. New to this forum and just seeing this MyLSN site now, my chances of $ look a little better than I initially thought.

Just curious - is there any way to confirm the validity of the numbers on MyLSN? Like, do you have to send proof to post your stats (LSAT,GPA,acceptance,$ received) or are we content with trusting user accounts?

The Lsat Airbender

Gold

Post by The Lsat Airbender » Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:11 pm

abcanada wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:44 pm
The Lsat Airbender wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:40 pm

Thanks for the reply. New to this forum and just seeing this MyLSN site now, my chances of $ look a little better than I initially thought.

Just curious - is there any way to confirm the validity of the numbers on MyLSN? Like, do you have to send proof to post your stats (LSAT,GPA,acceptance,$ received) or are we content with trusting user accounts?
No, and there are a few profiles that seem fishy, but the data seem to be pretty reliable in terms of truthfulness. Not really any incentive to lie; anyone who bothers to make an account is going out of their way to pass information down to future applicants.

Where you have to be careful is with statistical validity, since the data are incomplete and probably also biased towards a certain kind of applicant. But, as a rough guess, LSN is better than anything else out there. Law schools jealously guard the "real" data.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”