3.2, 165, Boston Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
lucysnowe

New

3.2, 165, Boston

Post by lucysnowe » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:59 am

I received my first LSAT score earlier this morning and it's a 165. I'm planning to retake but I'm not optimistic that I can do much better on the LSAT-Flex and am unlikely to have a chance to take the traditional LSAT before I apply this fall. (I typically get about halfway through the logic games section but I'm fine on logical reasoning, so the LSAT-Flex format is not good for me).

3.2 GPA from college at a low-ranked liberal arts school. 3.9 GPA from a Master's program (which I know law schools won't care about much if at all). Nothing particularly impressive coming from softs or references. I'm 27 and not a URM.

I'm planning to apply to Suffolk, Northeastern, Boston College, and Boston University. I'd need to get a scholarship of at least $25,000- hopefully more like $50,000- in order for law school to feel like a feasible option. Hoping to end up in public interest law.

I've looked at LSN for all of these schools, but it's a small sample size, so I'd appreciate any thoughts anyone has about my chances for admission and scholarship money.

lucysnowe

New

Re: 3.2, 165, Boston

Post by lucysnowe » Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:51 pm

Update: LSAC is reporting my college GPA as 3.3 (it was 3.297, so evidently they're rounding up). I did not end up retaking the LSAT, so 165 is my final score.
Thoughts?

ALCA1920

New

Re: 3.2, 165, Boston

Post by ALCA1920 » Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:42 pm

You're in at Suffolk and Northeastern with $$$, and probably BC, but not at BU (you'd need 2 more LSAT points to get in at BU with a scholarship). BC is very stingy if you look at their 509 reports and LawSchoolData's applicants for the 2019-2020 cycle. People with 165+/3.7+ stats weren't given more than 90k total in scholarships, which would still saddle them with a lot of debt for 3 years of living in Newton and paying BC's absurd tuition fee, which is 57k a year. By POE you're down to Suffolk and Northeastern. NE is better, since it ranks higher and has a decent employment score. It also places graduates in PI very well, which is something you mentioned.

OP, I think a good strategy is to apply to all of these schools and study for a retake while you wait. Just a few more points and you're in at BU with a good scholarship. I scored a 165 on my first take and 167 on my second. Just this week, I got a full-tuition scholarship at a T30. Those two points made a difference.

Return to “What are my chances?”