3.3 170 - Notre Dame? Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Mencken1

New

3.3 170 - Notre Dame?

Post by Mencken1 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:32 pm

My goal school is Notre Dame. I'm below the G25 and above the L75. Applying Sept. 1, what does everyone think of my chances of acceptance, and of acceptance with money?

My goal is biglaw, and I would actually prefer to attend a school that is not in NYC, DC or LA. I'm apprehensive about living in one of those cities strictly due to the cost of living aspect long-term. For that reason, Penn would be a dream school (Philly is not expensive relative to those cities), Notre Dame would be great (could work in Pittsburgh), and UT would be good too due to the large legal market in Houston (yes I know UT is in Austin) and Dallas.

Regarding UT, I would welcome any input from alum or students as to the extent they think my not having ties to Texas would affect my ability to get biglaw there.

Thanks everyone

AdieuCali

Bronze

Re: 3.3 170 - Notre Dame?

Post by AdieuCali » Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:55 am

http://mylsn.info/h7zn0f

You have a very good shot at ND, probably with some $$. Decent chance of getting into Penn at sticker. But neither may not be your best option in terms of total COA and your goal of Texas biglaw.

If you had to pay $30-$40k more than ND to go to a T13 like UVA or UM and nearly double your chances at biglaw, that may be worth it. Or it may be worth it to take a slightly smaller scholarship than ND's for a better shot at TX biglaw from UT or Vandy. Finally, you'll probably be able to snag a near-full ride from WUSTL with your LSAT. STL is another low-COL city with slightly better biglaw placement than ND.

Apply early (not ED) to MVPD, UT, Vandy, WUSTL, ND, and Emory.

Make sure you compare Biglaw placement, total COA, and Texas placement before making a decision. https://www.lstreports.com/compare/

Mencken1

New

Re: 3.3 170 - Notre Dame?

Post by Mencken1 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:09 pm

Thanks for the reply.

As a correction to my original post, it doesn't look like ND places in Pittsburgh. It places in Chicago and NY mostly, Chicago having a "111" score on bestplaces dot net. So I'll apply to Northwestern as well.

Return to “What are my chances?”