2.9 UGPA / 3.8 Graduate GPA / 163 LSAT / Current Military Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
spacelaw2017

New

2.9 UGPA / 3.8 Graduate GPA / 163 LSAT / Current Military

Post by spacelaw2017 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:15 pm

Not really sure how badly I want to go to law school, but I have the GI Bill burning a hole in my pocket now. What would be the best law school I could get into taking into account I'd like to live in California? Also, I have at least 3 years before I would be going to law school due to service commitment, I'd be able to study for my next LSAT.

Wipfelder

Silver

Re: 2.9 UGPA / 3.8 Graduate GPA / 163 LSAT / Current Military

Post by Wipfelder » Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:21 pm

spacelaw2017 wrote:Not really sure how badly I want to go to law school, but I have the GI Bill burning a hole in my pocket now. What would be the best law school I could get into taking into account I'd like to live in California? Also, I have at least 3 years before I would be going to law school due to service commitment, I'd be able to study for my next LSAT.
If you can get into the 170's (And you can), you have a shot at many of the T-14. If you are willing to spend 3 years out of CA, you could probably go to a "top" law school free. UCLA and USC seem picky about grades, so who knows. Also, who knows what the market looks like in 3 years.

spacelaw2017

New

Re: 2.9 UGPA / 3.8 Graduate GPA / 163 LSAT / Current Military

Post by spacelaw2017 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:35 pm

Wipfelder wrote: If you can get into the 170's (And you can), you have a shot at many of the T-14. If you are willing to spend 3 years out of CA, you could probably go to a "top" law school free. UCLA and USC seem picky about grades, so who knows. Also, who knows what the market looks like in 3 years.
Yeah, it looks like I'd need 13 more questions right to get into the 170s. I missed 12 in logic games alone, so I think you're right.

Good point about the market in 3 years. I'll have to evaluate if it's worth giving up a predictable paycheck for 3 years of living off less than I made 4 years ago for the chance at a career that might pay better, maybe. Thanks for the input.

Return to “What are my chances?”