3.49/168, apply now or retake? Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
vfatboy122

New

3.49/168, apply now or retake?

Post by vfatboy122 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:47 pm

Got my September score back and it's a 168. Not bad at all, definitely on the lower end of my range which was 168-172. I think that I am a target for UCLA, USC, Texas, reaching for Northwestern, Michigan, Duke, and maybe Berkeley and Cornell, but I know my GPA won't help me with these even though a 168 is above the medians for these schools.

I'm super conflicted. I've sat for the LSAT in June and again in September, but I'm really not sure whether it's worth sitting again for 1-2 more points or focusing attention on getting applications out by November. I feel like I am very much on a precipice with my statistics and my schools. I am 2 years out of Ivy undergrad, I would rate all soft parts of my application as slightly above average.

I know my chances at these schools, I want to hear thoughts. Would really like to not sit out a cycle, gotta get on with my life. I have strong Northeastern ties (NYC/Philly) but a big part of me wants to leave this region for law school.

cavalier1138

Re: 3.49/168, apply now or retake?

Post by cavalier1138 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:54 pm

vfatboy122 wrote:I know my chances at these schools, I want to hear thoughts. Would really like to not sit out a cycle, gotta get on with my life. I have strong Northeastern ties (NYC/Philly) but a big part of me wants to leave this region for law school.
Ok, but where do you want to work? And what do you want to do?

And no, you do not need to "get on with your life". You're 23-24. You've got plenty of time left.

Return to “What are my chances?”