Fordham FT/PT? 167 3.11 Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Lawannabe

New

Fordham FT/PT? 167 3.11

Post by Lawannabe » Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:03 pm

Nothing too special about my application. Currently in undergrad, philosophy major, no criminal record, a few good LORs, few years of WE. Only thing of note is that I have a very strong upward trend (4.08) over the last year or so at school. No real reason for the sudden change in grades, just kind of figured it out.

Cornell
Georgetown PT
BU
BC
GWU
Fordham FT
Fordham PT
American
Cardozo
Brooklyn
UCONN
St. Johns
Northeastern

Any advice would be great appreciated, especially with Fordham. I can't decide which program I would be better off sending my application to.

Thanks in advance

tesoro

Bronze

Re: Fordham FT/PT? 167 3.11

Post by tesoro » Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:08 pm

It's tough to gauge splitters. The trend this cycle for Fordham has been that splitters are getting waitlisted left and right. I'm not sure you'd have an advantage applying PT or a disadvantage applying FT. You would probably be waitlisted, and be subject to circumstance. If Fordham needs another 167 to preserve a median, you would be admitted. If not, you would be denied.

That's just my 2 cents. Take a look at LSN, most people like you were waitlisted so far.

JordynAsh

Bronze

Post by JordynAsh » Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:08 pm

Lawannabe wrote:Nothing too special about my application. Currently in undergrad, philosophy major, no criminal record, a few good LORs, few years of WE. Only thing of note is that I have a very strong upward trend (4.08) over the last year or so at school. No real reason for the sudden change in grades, just kind of figured it out.

Reach
Cornell
Georgetown PT
BU
BC
GW
Fordham

Target
American
Cardozo
Brooklyn
UConn

Safety
St. John's
Northeastern
You can't apply to both Fordham PT and FT?

Lawannabe

New

Post by Lawannabe » Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:19 pm

No, unfortunately they don't let you apply to both schools.

I think you're right though, solely based off LSN it looks like I'll probably get waitlisted at both programs...after that it's really up in the air. I feel that my chances at an acceptance (and not a WL) are slightly better at the PT school, whereas the FT school seems closer to the reach category. I'm leaning towards checking the PT box on the application at this point.

Any other opinions?

timertimer61

Bronze

Post by timertimer61 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:20 pm

check p/t, i think that would be better.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Lawannabe

New

Post by Lawannabe » Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:20 pm

Where's OperaSoprano when you need her?

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:55 pm

OP, you have a stronger chance at PT because of your GPA. A 3.11 is not the kiss of death here, but it will likely give you difficulty for FT admission. You can transfer into the day program, and still graduate in three years. Many of my classmates plan to do that.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “What are my chances?”