GPA: 3.2 But extreme upwards curve LSAT 157 Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Think_lax86

New

GPA: 3.2 But extreme upwards curve LSAT 157

Post by Think_lax86 » Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:56 pm

My GPA is a 3.2 but my last 2 semesters at Binghamton I got a 3.85 and a 3.9 because I really wanted to go to grad school and really started to get my life together... After I graduated, this past fall semester I took a bunch of business classes at my local community college and got a 4.0... My LSAT is a 157 and I am debating about taking it again in february because I really am trying to get scholarship money or even improve my chances of getting into my reach schools... I am just worried if I take it again and dont have my applications reviewed until I get the score than I run the risk of possible not doing better and than might have a harder chance getting in at all because I waited so long... I did an internship this past semester with a judge and got a really good LOR from him too... I also think I am going to get an internship with the DA's office in my hometown this spring, which I guess I will send my law schools a letter if I do, just to notify them...

Schools I am applying to, only in New York:

St Johns
Hofstra
Pace
New York Law School

Reachs
Fordham
Brooklyn
Cardozo

What are my chances of getting into any of these schools, and possibly getting money when taking this all into account... PLEASE HELP!

BriaTharen

Silver

Re: GPA: 3.2 But extreme upwards curve LSAT 157

Post by BriaTharen » Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:47 pm

Best guesses:

Hofstra: WL/In
St. John's: WL/Reject
Pace: WL/In
NY Law: WL/In
Fordham: Reject
Brooklyn: Reject
Cardozo: Reject

You have a slim to none chance of getting money from any of these schools. LSP puts you, at your highest, with a 60% chance of getting in (at Hofastra, Pace, and NY). You are not a strong consider at any of these schools. If you are dead set on staying in New York, add Touro and Albany to your lists. You are a strong consider at both of those locations. Else, you need to look outside of New York.
Taking the LSAT again is risky, but if you can, I would. You can't count any of these schools as safeties right now.

am060459

Silver

Post by am060459 » Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:13 pm

St Johns WEAK CONSIDER 34%
Hofstra CONSIDER 57%
Pace ?
New York Law School ?

Reachs
Fordham DENY < 5%
Brooklyn DENY < 5%
Cardozo DENY 11%

add Buffalo (CONSIDER 42%) to your target/safety

http://www.lawschoolpredictor.com/wp-co ... ograms.htm

deadpanic

Silver

Post by deadpanic » Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:20 pm

I think you'll get into Hofstra, Pace, & NYLS, but probably little to no money.

Unfortunately, definitely out at Fordham, Brooklyn & Cardozo. I'd retake if you are looking for money for sure.

Columbia Law

Bronze

Post by Columbia Law » Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:37 pm

r

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”