Georgetown Visit-- What to do?? Forum

(Where, When and What Did You Think)
cocobutterkisses

New

Georgetown Visit-- What to do??

Post by cocobutterkisses » Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:49 am

Hi guys! I have a friend visiting georgetown law tomorrow. She plans on sitting in on a class, but is there anything else she should do? She'll only be in DC for the day, so she really wants to get a good feel for the campus and the student body environment, as she's choosing between three great programs. Also, if there are any current Georgetown students who could give her a quick show-round (Gtown doesn't have an accepted students day? wut.) please pm me and I can forward you her details!

Thanks for any help/suggestions! (I told her to post here, but she was scared yall might be mean :P )

Glasseyes

Silver

Re: Georgetown Visit-- What to do??

Post by Glasseyes » Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:16 pm

cocobutterkisses wrote:Hi guys! I have a friend visiting georgetown law tomorrow. She plans on sitting in on a class, but is there anything else she should do? She'll only be in DC for the day, so she really wants to get a good feel for the campus and the student body environment, as she's choosing between three great programs. Also, if there are any current Georgetown students who could give her a quick show-round (Gtown doesn't have an accepted students day? wut.) please pm me and I can forward you her details!

Thanks for any help/suggestions! (I told her to post here, but she was scared yall might be mean :P )
They actually have several accepted student days... 4 of 'em, if i'm not mistaken, plus the two-day open house event. (I was at the open house. It was nice.)

Regardless, she should reach out to admissions and see if she can arrange a tour, and then rsvp for a class. She can find the class schedule on the GULC website. Beyond that, since I just went through something similar, I'd tell her to spend some time exploring DC: worthwhile areas include Dupont Circle, U Street corridor, 14th street, chinatown, National Mall, and seeing some monuments is always a good way to get the blood pumping in DC.

And if she likes beer, she should go to Churchkey, where they serve 555 varieties.

hichvichwoh

Bronze

Post by hichvichwoh » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:59 pm

have thecherry blossoms blossomed yet?

cocobutterkisses

New

Post by cocobutterkisses » Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:17 am

Thanks yall, I pass this on! (And double check the accepted students thing with her...) :D

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Visits”