Anyone else at IUB's law day today? Forum

(Where, When and What Did You Think)
table3

New

Anyone else at IUB's law day today?

Post by table3 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:35 pm

Thoughts? I enjoyed it, but I don't have anything else to compare it to.

Props to Sam Kwak (Dir. of Admissions) for pretty much being able to recite my resume on the spot. That guy is good. He and Dean Motley sort of gave me the hard sell when I went to say thanks and goodbye, which was funny/cool/awkward all at once.

lah88

New

Re: Anyone else at IUB's law day today?

Post by lah88 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:45 pm

Maybe you should visit on another day when the administration is not just telling you what you want to hear. You should also try talking to some of the 3L's who can't find jobs or some of the other law students who were not invited to participate in Spring Law Day and ask them about their experiences. I'm glad you enjoyed Spring Law Day, but you should be hesitant to believe much of what you heard today.

table3

New

Re: Anyone else at IUB's law day today?

Post by table3 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:48 pm

lah88 wrote:Maybe you should visit on another day when the administration is not just telling you what you want to hear. You should also try talking to some of the 3L's who can't find jobs or some of the other law students who were not invited to participate in Spring Law Day and ask them about their experiences. I'm glad you enjoyed Spring Law Day, but you should be hesitant to believe much of what you heard today.
Yeah, I know. Don't think I didn't approach this with a massive dose of TLS-induced (and much needed) skepticism.

Edit: Just checked your post history. I'm going to PM you. Thanks.

Return to “Law School Visits”