Diamond

Re: Most beautiful law school?

Post by Dany » Fri May 14, 2010 10:56 pm

This thread = worthless without pics.

Andrew the Wolverine

Bronze

Post by Andrew the Wolverine » Fri May 14, 2010 10:57 pm

I never even thought about UConn law before reading this thread, but I just did an image search for it. Wow, what a spectacular looking school. I would still put Michigan ahead of it (slight bias there), but damn, good stuff.

kdw94780

Bronze

Post by kdw94780 » Fri May 14, 2010 11:09 pm

Andrew the Wolverine wrote:I never even thought about UConn law before reading this thread, but I just did an image search for it. Wow, what a spectacular looking school. I would still put Michigan ahead of it (slight bias there), but damn, good stuff.
+1

Emma.

Gold

Post by Emma. » Sat May 15, 2010 12:05 am

Michigan is gorgeous. I know most people won't be feeling me on this one, but I really think Chicago is pretty spectacular both inside and out.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

JOThompson

Silver

Post by JOThompson » Sat May 15, 2010 12:21 am

Pepperdine, easily.

legalease9

Silver

Post by legalease9 » Sat May 15, 2010 12:23 am

El_Gallo wrote:U of Washington. No place is more amazing than a sunny day in seattle.
This!

UW law is the most beautiful LS period.

That's just in reference to William Gates Hall, although all of the UW campus is pretty beautiful.
Last edited by legalease9 on Sat May 15, 2010 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fark-o-vision

Silver

Post by Fark-o-vision » Sat May 15, 2010 12:26 am

Pepperdine. Hands down. For the record, I hate the bastards.

legalease9

Silver

Post by legalease9 » Sat May 15, 2010 12:27 am

eskimo wrote:This thread = worthless without pics.
Good point

--ImageRemoved--

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

JOThompson

Silver

Post by JOThompson » Sat May 15, 2010 12:31 am

legalease9 wrote:
El_Gallo wrote:U of Washington. No place is more amazing than a sunny day in seattle.
This!

That's just in reference to William Gates Hall, although all of the UW campus is pretty beautiful.
The only problem is that Seattle feels perpetually overcast and gloomy, not sunny, for most the year. I do love the rain, I'm a pacific northwest person at heart, but it goes get a little old.

legalease9

Silver

Post by legalease9 » Sat May 15, 2010 12:36 am

JOThompson wrote:
legalease9 wrote:
This!

The only problem is that Seattle feels perpetually overcast and gloomy, not sunny, for most the year. I do love the rain, I'm a pacific northwest person at heart, but it goes get a little old.
Fair point, Seattle winter is a real bitch. It depends what you like though. Most of the nation has snowy and icy winters. I've always found that worse. And the places that have no bad winter weather have extreme heat in the summer. There's alway's tradeoffs. I've heard really good things about SOCAL all year round though.

OrcinusOrcas

New

Post by OrcinusOrcas » Sat May 15, 2010 12:37 am

--ImageRemoved--

USD = )

A'nold

Gold

Post by A'nold » Sat May 15, 2010 12:40 am

Usually these things are subjective taste, but anybody that says UW law is even remotely attractive is out of his mind (I am from Seattle and have visited the law school multiple times and it is probably one of the ugliest law schools on earth, especially the weird metal igloo thing out front).

It is 100% objective that the most beautiful law schools are 1. Michigan, 2. UConn, 3. Yale, 4. Cornell/thread.

Btw- Seattle is the prettiest city bar far, and the UW undergrad campus is gorgeous, but the law school is butt freaking ugly.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

jd2013

New

Post by jd2013 » Sat May 15, 2010 1:05 am

A'nold wrote:Usually these things are subjective taste, but anybody that says UW law is even remotely attractive is out of his mind (I am from Seattle and have visited the law school multiple times and it is probably one of the ugliest law schools on earth, especially the weird metal igloo thing out front).

It is 100% objective that the most beautiful law schools are 1. Michigan, 2. UConn, 3. Yale, 4. Cornell/thread.

Btw- Seattle is the prettiest city bar far, and the UW undergrad campus is gorgeous, but the law school is butt freaking ugly.

i agree michigan's exterior is nice but the inside is old and run down.

tamlyric

Silver

Post by tamlyric » Sat May 15, 2010 1:10 am

A'nold wrote:
TCR. 8)

Fark-o-vision

Silver

Post by Fark-o-vision » Sat May 15, 2010 2:29 am

USD does look nice. The architecture there is probably better than at Pepperdine. I put Pepperdine ahead of it because 1) USD really relies on the rest of the campus. The law facilities aren't great and, 2) Architecture has a well known East coast bias. Part of what makes Pepperdine so nice is the view, which can't be beat, and the climate, which makes a mother's womb feel like Moscow in the winter. In your underwear.

JOThompson

Silver

Post by JOThompson » Sat May 15, 2010 2:31 am

Fark-o-vision wrote:USD does look nice. The architecture there is probably better than at Pepperdine. I put Pepperdine ahead of it because 1) USD really relies on the rest of the campus. The law facilities aren't great and, 2) Architecture has a well known East coast bias. Part of what makes Pepperdine so nice is the view, which can't be beat, and the climate, which makes a mother's womb feel like Moscow in the winter. In your underwear.
The Pepperdine scenery is pretty hard to surpass. I wasn't too impressed with the actual law school building though. It seemed dated and boring.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

hopingforaJD

New

Post by hopingforaJD » Sat May 15, 2010 3:00 am

CORNELL. HANDS DOWN.

JOThompson

Silver

Post by JOThompson » Sat May 15, 2010 3:01 am

So many Cornell fans here. You should buy those "Ithaca is Gorges" t-shirts.

Cupidity

Gold

Post by Cupidity » Sat May 15, 2010 9:20 am

BU Law Tower at Night
View from 12th Floor

CaptainSnuggleBunny

New

Post by CaptainSnuggleBunny » Sat May 15, 2010 9:40 am

Cupidity wrote:BU Law Tower at Night
View from 12th Floor

You aren't fooling anyone. The BU Law tower is amongst the ugliest buildings I've ever seen.
--ImageRemoved--

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

legalease9

Silver

Post by legalease9 » Sat May 15, 2010 9:59 am

A'nold wrote:Usually these things are subjective taste, but anybody that says UW law is even remotely attractive is out of his mind (I am from Seattle and have visited the law school multiple times and it is probably one of the ugliest law schools on earth, especially the weird metal igloo thing out front).

You have to be kidding! The UW building is beautiful (and I too, have visited many times) I will admit the igloo thing is a little "different" but it adds character. And both the interior and exterior are state of the art. Have you ever seen the library on a sunny day? Now I will admit, if you prefer the ancient looking buildings (which can be very beautiful) and aren't a fan of modern styling, you may not like the UW law building as much. Which brings me to my second point, which is that there is no 100% objective view of the most beautiful LS building in the world. It is entirely subjective. Look above at the person who thinks Boston Tower is pretty... :roll: :lol:

Oh and for reference... The UW igloo...

--ImageRemoved--

legalease9

Silver

Post by legalease9 » Sat May 15, 2010 10:01 am

hopingforaJD wrote:CORNELL. HANDS DOWN.
It becomes less beautiful once snow blindness sets in.

MrSoOoFLy

Bronze

Post by MrSoOoFLy » Sat May 15, 2010 10:07 am

Cupidity wrote:
DaBears wrote:How "beautiful" the law school is shouldn't matter. If YHS were in windowless concrete boxes, they'd still be the best.
Someone goes to fordham
LOL

kdw94780

Bronze

Post by kdw94780 » Sat May 15, 2010 10:17 am

Joga Bonito wrote:Wustl

I think few can top this.
+the name is Anheuser-Busch...sweet!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!