Bronze

Re: Most beautiful law school?

Post by 1ferret! » Fri May 28, 2010 5:28 pm

C'mon, not if you put some effort in...

ElDonParet

New

Post by ElDonParet » Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:20 pm

1ferret! wrote:Pepperdine. Building is not spectacular, but you just can't beat a 180 degree view of the Pacific from on high with palm trees in the foreground and undisturbed mountains to the back.
Agree.

doinmybest

Bronze

Post by doinmybest » Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:13 pm

Michigan /thread.

SamSeaborn2016

Bronze

Post by SamSeaborn2016 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:18 pm

Michigan in the snow looks amazing! That is saying a lot given my total hatred of cold weather.

nillumin

Bronze

Post by nillumin » Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:06 am

1ferret! wrote:Pepperdine. Building is not spectacular, but you just can't beat a 180 degree view of the Pacific from on high with palm trees in the foreground and undisturbed mountains to the back.
i have heard this several times.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

380yarddrives

New

Post by 380yarddrives » Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:26 am

OrcinusOrcas wrote:University of San Diego...first time I went on campus was during UG when I briefly considered doing their Paralegal program (ha, which ultimately led to the decision that law school was what I really wanted)...when I drove up the hill and around campus, I couldn't even believe how beautiful it was...I remember thinking, "people go to SCHOOL here?!? Wow!"
I went to high school across the streed from USD. It really is nice.

I'd have to possibly vote for Santa Clara. The law school is a little boring, but the campus as a whole is beautiful with the old mission and all of the gardens.

Slimpee

Silver

Post by Slimpee » Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:36 am

U of San Diego is pretty sick. The "mission"-style architecture is pretty sweet:

--ImageRemoved--

380yarddrives

New

Post by 380yarddrives » Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:41 am

Santa Clara:

BenJ

Silver

Post by BenJ » Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:43 am

starstruck393 wrote:
mec30 wrote:I'll rep for Cornell a bit.

(Bridge to law school)
Is that the famous suicide bridge?
It's not. The suicide bridge is much higher and uglier. And is also always surrounded by high fencing to discourage jumpers, at least whenever I've been there.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

nrj1084

New

Post by nrj1084 » Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:39 am

I visited WUSTL and wasn't impressed with the law facilities. It seemed as though the law school's architecture was trying too hard to be impressive and imposing. It felt fake and artificial to me, like the designers wanted to create a false impression of the building's history and heritage (Anheuser-Busch hall opened in 1997). I found myself having the same reaction touring the law school as I do when driving though new suburban subdivisions and looking at the generic houses.

I love WUSTL as a school though, and I'd be happy to go there, regardless of its law school design.

ms9

Gold

Post by ms9 » Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:40 am

romothesavior wrote:
starstruck393 wrote:
kdw94780 wrote:
Joga Bonito wrote:Wustl
I think few can top this.
+the name is Anheuser-Busch...sweet!
I'd say Michigan does :mrgreen:
I actually visited Michigan and Vanderbilt and both were downright beautiful, but I still give the edge to WUSTL.
I've worked at Vanderbilt and WUSTL and I too give AB Hall at WUSTL the edge as far as aesthetics. This thread is a bit like the common "who has the prettiest campus" threads though, there are so many nice ones out there (campuses and law school buildings) it's almost pointless to rate them. Yet I like to anyway.

tintin

Silver

Post by tintin » Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:58 am

berkeley fo sho

just kidding........I would put in a vote for Michigan, based on the above pictures

Veyron

Gold

Post by Veyron » Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:10 pm

Even though the cold looks appaling I still gots to say, SIXIGAN.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Patriot1208

Platinum

Post by Patriot1208 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:01 pm

nrj1084 wrote:I visited WUSTL and wasn't impressed with the law facilities. It seemed as though the law school's architecture was trying too hard to be impressive and imposing. It felt fake and artificial to me, like the designers wanted to create a false impression of the building's history and heritage (Anheuser-Busch hall opened in 1997). I found myself having the same reaction touring the law school as I do when driving though new suburban subdivisions and looking at the generic houses.

I love WUSTL as a school though, and I'd be happy to go there, regardless of its law school design.
This is because WUSTL purposely designs its new buildings to be look exactly like the ones on campus that are over 100 years old. You can't even really tell which buildings are new and which ones are not.

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:11 pm

Patriot1208 wrote:
nrj1084 wrote:I visited WUSTL and wasn't impressed with the law facilities. It seemed as though the law school's architecture was trying too hard to be impressive and imposing. It felt fake and artificial to me, like the designers wanted to create a false impression of the building's history and heritage (Anheuser-Busch hall opened in 1997). I found myself having the same reaction touring the law school as I do when driving though new suburban subdivisions and looking at the generic houses.

This is because WUSTL purposely designs its new buildings to be look exactly like the ones on campus that are over 100 years old. You can't even really tell which buildings are new and which ones are not.
This.

MikeSpivey wrote:
romothesavior wrote:
I actually visited Michigan and Vanderbilt and both were downright beautiful, but I still give the edge to WUSTL.
I've worked at Vanderbilt and WUSTL and I too give AB Hall at WUSTL the edge as far as aesthetics. This thread is a bit like the common "who has the prettiest campus" threads though, there are so many nice ones out there (campuses and law school buildings) it's almost pointless to rate them. Yet I like to anyway.
Honored that you would use one of your 6 posts to quote me. :lol:

nrj1084

New

Post by nrj1084 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:02 am

Patriot1208 wrote:

I'm fully aware of that. I can definitely tell which ones are newly built though. Like I said, they feel fake to me.

pandorasfox

New

Post by pandorasfox » Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:09 am

visited about 10 so far- Yale has DEF had the most impressive/beautiful buildings but Cornell wins as far as scenery... you can't get a more dramatic landscape than Ithaca, NY. I really liked Duke, too.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:20 am

nrj1084 wrote:
Patriot1208 wrote:

I'm fully aware of that. I can definitely tell which ones are newly built though. Like I said, they feel fake to me.
You must be really smart then.

allidoiswin

New

Post by allidoiswin » Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:45 am

i haven't been on michigan's campus, looks pretty great.
But i do know IU is gorgeous

--ImageRemoved--

--ImageRemoved--

--ImageRemoved--

--LinkRemoved--

missvik218

Silver

Post by missvik218 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:08 am

doinmybest wrote:Michigan /thread.
Credited but I still like to see pictures!

Cestjustemoi

Bronze

Post by Cestjustemoi » Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:51 am

It depends on your idea of beauty. Michigan might have some pretty buildings, but bump it, that snow isn't pretty. I'd say, pepperdine, USD, university of miami, and surprisingly stetson are some of my favorites. Everytime I see Michigan photos all I think of is frost bite.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:59 am

Cestjustemoi wrote:It depends on your idea of beauty. Michigan might have some pretty buildings, but bump it, that snow isn't pretty. I'd say, pepperdine, USD, university of miami, and surprisingly stetson are some of my favorites. Everytime I see Michigan photos all I think of is frost bite.
Snow can be downright gorgeous.

missvik218

Silver

Post by missvik218 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:13 am

romothesavior wrote:
Cestjustemoi wrote:It depends on your idea of beauty. Michigan might have some pretty buildings, but bump it, that snow isn't pretty. I'd say, pepperdine, USD, university of miami, and surprisingly stetson are some of my favorites. Everytime I see Michigan photos all I think of is frost bite.
Also I haven't been to the others but Miami isn't THAT pretty IRL.

Cestjustemoi

Bronze

Post by Cestjustemoi » Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:54 pm

romothesavior wrote:
Once again I said it depends on your concept of beauty. I don't find snow pretty. At most it's charming while it's falling then hell when it turns brown and slushie. So I don't doubt some could find it pretty, but I don't.

Cestjustemoi

Bronze

Post by Cestjustemoi » Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:56 pm

missvik218 wrote:
romothesavior wrote:
Also I haven't been to the others but Miami isn't THAT pretty IRL.
It's buildings are not on par with Michigan but I personally find it very pretty and I love the area. I find it to be one my favorites. I am however more influenced by atmosphere as opposed to architecture. I could find a shack beautiful given it's surroundings.
Last edited by Cestjustemoi on Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Visits”