U.C. Hastings Early Commitment Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Sotong

New

Re: U.C. Hastings Early Commitment

Post by Sotong » Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:17 pm

savesthedayajb wrote:I thought his thread was going to be really busy. I wonder how much their apps dropped off due to the tuition increase.
Or perhaps very few people applied using the EC option?

Inygma

Silver

Post by Inygma » Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:26 pm

Sotong wrote:
savesthedayajb wrote:I thought his thread was going to be really busy. I wonder how much their apps dropped off due to the tuition increase.
Or perhaps very few people applied using the EC option?
Ya time to make a Hastings General thread!

boomshokalocka

New

Post by boomshokalocka » Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:51 pm

I scoured the internet hours on end for the last week or so trying to find data on other EC's to Hastings and if LSN/TLS are in any way representative of the applicant pool, it would definitely seem that Hastings just does not reject EC applications and defers them instead. Although I might add that I could only find 7 or 8 self reported EC applicants for each of the last two or three years online and I'm a little surprised at how many other EC's there were this cycle. By my count there are at least 13 here and on LSN.

Anyways, I wish the best for the rest of your cycles if you are waiting or were deferred. Good luck and I hope I see a lot of you next year!

OrcinusOrcas

New

Post by OrcinusOrcas » Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:28 pm

Just an FYI for any Hastings ED applicants who got deferred to the regular pool:

Spoke w/ admissions to be sure on this point, but they do NOT expect us to write LOCI's. Admissions said that the ED option makes it clear enough that it was/is our top choice and they hope to get decisions out within the next 6 weeks or so (by beginning of March)...also said to keep checking email/snail mail for updates.

Hope that helps anyone else on the ED waitlist!!!

J Burrito

Bronze

Post by J Burrito » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:47 pm

OrcinusOrcas wrote:Just an FYI for any Hastings ED applicants who got deferred to the regular pool:

Spoke w/ admissions to be sure on this point, but they do NOT expect us to write LOCI's. Admissions said that the ED option makes it clear enough that it was/is our top choice and they hope to get decisions out within the next 6 weeks or so (by beginning of March)...also said to keep checking email/snail mail for updates.

Hope that helps anyone else on the ED waitlist!!!
Thank you! Very helpful.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Great Satchmo

Silver

Post by Great Satchmo » Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:03 pm

I applied ED, but a letter of rec didn't get in on time...didn't know what was going to happen, but I was deferred to regular admission...

I didn't expect to be in via ED, but I figured it would show my interest in the school.

Here's to hoping!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”