Harvard Law c/o 2020 Waitlist Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Still standing? Where in the WL process are you?

JSNone-> WL -> Have Withdrawn since
13%
JSNone-> WL (will ride it out)
28%
JSNone-> WL (planning to withdraw)
3%
JSNone-> WL-> Dinged or/ No JS1 yet or/ No JS2 yet
14%
JSNone-> WL -> JS1 -> JS2 !!
8%
JS1 -> WL -> Have Withdrawn since
2%
JS1 -> WL (will ride it out)
30%
JS1 -> WL (planning to withdraw)
No votes
JS1 -> WL -> Dinged or/ No JS1b yet or/ No JS2 yet
No votes
JS1 -> WL -> Had JS1b -> JS2 !!
3%

Total votes: 64

Rigo

Diamond

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Waitlist

Post by Rigo » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:54 am

jjcorvino wrote:Has anyone else not written their LOCI yet?
I haven't. Will this week though.

Pyrex

New

Post by Pyrex » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:28 am

Rigo wrote:
jjcorvino wrote:Has anyone else not written their LOCI yet?
I haven't. Will this week though.
Waited until this week, but because waiting on substantive resume update that I wanted to be able to include.

seeprybyrun

Bronze

Post by seeprybyrun » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:34 am

SpookySalem92 wrote:1). What is a JS1b? What is the difference between the different types of JS[1,1b,2, etc...]?
2). If we're a JSNone (as in no interview thus far), how will we know if/when interview opportunities are available?
1) A JS1 is the Skype interview with the admissions office. A JS1b, as far as I understand, is a follow-up phone call for those who received a JS1 prior to being waitlisted; this is a short call to confirm that the applicant is still interested in attending HLS. A JS2 is the phone call to inform an applicant that they are admitted.

2) If selected for a JS1, you will receive an email with the directions to sign up for a Skype interview.

SpookySalem92

Bronze

Post by SpookySalem92 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:39 am

seeprybyrun wrote:
SpookySalem92 wrote:1). What is a JS1b? What is the difference between the different types of JS[1,1b,2, etc...]?
2). If we're a JSNone (as in no interview thus far), how will we know if/when interview opportunities are available?
1) A JS1 is the Skype interview with the admissions office. A JS1b, as far as I understand, is a follow-up phone call for those who received a JS1 prior to being waitlisted; this is a short call to confirm that the applicant is still interested in attending HLS. A JS2 is the phone call to inform an applicant that they are admitted.

2) If selected for a JS1, you will receive an email with the directions to sign up for a Skype interview.
Thanks!

catalina559

New

Post by catalina559 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:15 am

SpookySalem92 wrote:
seeprybyrun wrote:

Thanks!
Is the JS1b substantive at all, as in do you have to be prepared to discuss why Harvard? Or is it really just, "hey do you still wanna go here?" "yup" "ok cool"?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

CA1993

New

Post by CA1993 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:01 pm

Sorry if this has been asked a million times before, but does anyone know when typically people start hearing off the waitlist? I'm assuming you either hear mid - late May or not at all?

Rigo

Diamond

Post by Rigo » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:13 pm

CA1993 wrote:Sorry if this has been asked a million times before, but does anyone know when typically people start hearing off the waitlist? I'm assuming you either hear mid - late May or not at all?
First round of waitlisters who haven't had JS1's start getting invited to do one May 5-10ish.

But yeah it seems like basically everyone who is going to get off WL gets off in May.

sittykitty

Bronze

Post by sittykitty » Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:57 pm

Rigo wrote:
CA1993 wrote:Sorry if this has been asked a million times before, but does anyone know when typically people start hearing off the waitlist? I'm assuming you either hear mid - late May or not at all?
First round of waitlisters who haven't had JS1's start getting invited to do one May 5-10ish.

But yeah it seems like basically everyone who is going to get off WL gets off in May.
I think there's a smaller wave in early June from spots that open up from people moving off waitlists in May, but I've only heard of one person getting off a wait list past June.

Rich Uncle Skeleton

Bronze

Post by Rich Uncle Skeleton » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:01 pm

sittykitty wrote:
Rigo wrote:

I think there's a smaller wave in early June from spots that open up from people moving off waitlists in May, but I've only heard of one person getting off a wait list past June.
Was just looking at my status checker and just noticed it said:

"We will begin to review the waitlist in late May and the waitlist will remain active until late August."

What's that all about? I was also expecting this process to start like next week at the beginning of May...

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

enoca

Bronze

Post by enoca » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:43 pm

They say that every year, but Rigo's timeline is accurate. They start the ball rolling in early May, and most of the acceptances happen that month. There might be a few extra randos taken after that up to (or after) the point classes start.

Rich Uncle Skeleton

Bronze

Post by Rich Uncle Skeleton » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:56 pm

enoca wrote:They say that every year, but Rigo's timeline is accurate. They start the ball rolling in early May, and most of the acceptances happen that month. There might be a few extra randos taken after that up to (or after) the point classes start.
Oh great! Thanks! I was worried they were pushing it back a couple weeks or something this year. Glad that is what it always says.

hellsbelles1

New

Post by hellsbelles1 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:25 am

Hi y'all, has anyone gotten confirmation/a response from HLS after submitting a LOCI? Sent mine Sunday and haven't heard anything. Thanks!

ZVBXRPL

Silver

Post by ZVBXRPL » Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:32 am

Rigo wrote:

Where did you pull this from? Care to provide a link?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Rigo

Diamond

Post by Rigo » Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:37 am

ZVBXRPL wrote:
Rigo wrote:
Where did you pull this from? Care to provide a link?
Just went off this guy's research.
http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 2#p9931922

Somewhere else in the thread was where people were talking about in past years the first JS1's have been May 6th, 7th, 8th or something.

sittykitty

Bronze

Post by sittykitty » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:00 am

hellsbelles1 wrote:Hi y'all, has anyone gotten confirmation/a response from HLS after submitting a LOCI? Sent mine Sunday and haven't heard anything. Thanks!
I got confirmation after a few days. I'm sure you'll get an email by the end of this week!

hellsbelles1

New

Post by hellsbelles1 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:00 am

sittykitty wrote:
hellsbelles1 wrote:Hi y'all, has anyone gotten confirmation/a response from HLS after submitting a LOCI? Sent mine Sunday and haven't heard anything. Thanks!
I got confirmation after a few days. I'm sure you'll get an email by the end of this week!
Thank you!

half moon

New

Post by half moon » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:09 am

sittykitty wrote:
Same, I think my confirmation came two business days after I sent it in. It varies a bit, but it seems like most people get a response in a week or less.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

SpookySalem92

Bronze

Post by SpookySalem92 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:23 am

half moon wrote:
sittykitty wrote:
Same, I think my confirmation came two business days after I sent it in. It varies a bit, but it seems like most people get a response in a week or less.
See, my confirmation email related crisis came a week late. I got confirmation I think the day after I sent it, but I then realized I never sent an email thanking them for their confirmation email and then worried that it was too late to send said thank you email and...

ZVBXRPL

Silver

Post by ZVBXRPL » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:39 am

SpookySalem92 wrote:
half moon wrote:
sittykitty wrote:
See, my confirmation email related crisis came a week late. I got confirmation I think the day after I sent it, but I then realized I never sent an email thanking them for their confirmation email and then worried that it was too late to send said thank you email and...
Meh

Rigo

Diamond

Post by Rigo » Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:41 pm

Debating if I should go on a vacation the week starting May 15th or 22nd. I won't be able to do school stuff on it so wondering if a JS1 is gonna happen it will happen by the 15th for me or if I shoulda just wait another week. It feels dumb to plan my life around a long shot H waitlist. :?

sittykitty

Bronze

Post by sittykitty » Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:43 pm

Rigo wrote:Debating if I should go on a vacation the week starting May 15th or 22nd. I won't be able to do school stuff on it so wondering if a JS1 is gonna happen it will happen by the 15th for me or if I shoulda just wait another week. It feels dumb to plan my life around a long shot H waitlist. :?
I'm on vacation now hahahaha

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

unrelated

Bronze

Post by unrelated » Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:13 pm

Rigo wrote:Debating if I should go on a vacation the week starting May 15th or 22nd. I won't be able to do school stuff on it so wondering if a JS1 is gonna happen it will happen by the 15th for me or if I shoulda just wait another week. It feels dumb to plan my life around a long shot H waitlist. :?
Hangout Festival!

SilverSurfer2020

Bronze

Post by SilverSurfer2020 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:36 pm

unrelated wrote:
Hangout Festival!
See you there!

KateMcKitten

Bronze

Post by KateMcKitten » Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:02 pm

sittykitty wrote:
Rigo wrote:

Lurking here, but I want to say that I randomly met two 1Ls at H who got off the WL 2 and 3 weeks before classes started. So it definitely keeps rolling all summer (or at least has in the past.)

jjcorvino

Silver

Post by jjcorvino » Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:23 pm

I have a similar dilemma, but later in the summer. I have my wedding June 17th, then I will be out of the country on my honeymoon from June 21-July 7. I am very nervous that somehow I will get a Harvard email to interview in that two week time period. I think I might preemptively call a few weeks before my honeymoon and tell them I will be out of the country during that time.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”