Attorney Advisor (Trademark Examining Attorney) for USPTO Forum

(Issue areas, International Law, International Public Interest, Public Service in the private sector, Non-Profits, Public Interest Organizations, Government/ government agencies, employment settings)
Anonymous User

Re: Attorney Advisor (Trademark Examining Attorney) for USPTO

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Dec 23, 2023 10:21 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2023 2:10 pm
I received the tentative verbal offer (after references checked) call this week and still haven’t received the email from hr to complete paperwork. Is everyone in the same boat?
Yes! I got a call on Friday with a verbal offer and told an email to approve background check will follow. Still no email but expecting one early next week.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Dec 24, 2023 8:35 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2023 10:21 pm
Anonymous User wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2023 2:10 pm
I received the tentative verbal offer (after references checked) call this week and still haven’t received the email from hr to complete paperwork. Is everyone in the same boat?
Yes! I got a call on Friday with a verbal offer and told an email to approve background check will follow. Still no email but expecting one early next week.
Congrats!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Dec 26, 2023 12:28 pm

Do we still think the 1/16 date is going to be accurate? I’m so ready to resign from my position, but I’m afraid it’ll backfire if something happens and the date gets pushed back.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jan 04, 2024 3:11 pm

Congrats to everyone who received an offer! To anyone who didn't, you're not alone! I'll be applying again for the next round. Don't give up hope.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jan 10, 2024 4:02 am

Congrats to everyone getting offers! I applied a few cycles ago for the first time but wasn’t selected and didn’t try again. Kind of wishing that I did this time around - does anyone know how frequently a new cycle begins?

I thought it was twice a year but looking back at past comments can’t really tell. Hoping that it is so that I don’t have to wait all the way until next Fall to think about going for it again.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jan 10, 2024 9:21 am

How often do they do hiring cycles? Once per year? Twice per year?

I thought twice but can’t seem to tell from the thread. Also if it is twice, are they posted exactly 6 months apart? It’s hard to tell because it looks like for the “fall/winter cycles” 2022 started in April and 2024 is expected to start this Jan?

averymvinson27

New

Post by averymvinson27 » Wed Jan 17, 2024 1:05 pm

Trademark Attorney Advisor position was posted yesterday. However, it’s for GS 12-14, meaning you must have at least one year of trademark experience. The expected start date is in June. I wonder if the USPTO is now opting for more experienced trademark attorneys or if they will continue to hire examiners for the GS11 classes (this is pure speculation).

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jan 17, 2024 8:04 pm

No, not just a year of trademark experience. Per the posting, you must "be a Former USPTO Trademark Examining Attorney or CTAP eligible candidate". Looks like they're trying to recruit some former examiners back to make a meaningful dent in the backlog

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jan 17, 2024 11:06 pm

The posting is for former examining attorneys. They open it up every now and then. It’s in addition to hiring at the GS-11 level, which is for everyone else.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

ckc1114

New

Post by ckc1114 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:39 pm

Anyone know when the next hiring cycle begins? I applied for the first time last cycle, was referred but not selected for an interview. Any tips for improving chances? I have tm experience at a firm

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:33 am

Hi all! Just wondering as I applied last round, made it to the final interview stage, and then did not receive an offer - has anyone applied multiple times and had luck receiving a job offer?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:25 pm

Hi all! Question for any existing examiners. I am currently in private practice, interested in making the jump to USPTO. One thing I hate about working at a firm is my billable hour requirement/the billable hour framework in general. How are examiners' work hours logged? Is it all on the honor system, or are the hours somehow tracked by the system? Thanks everyone.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Public Interest & Government”