Anyone know an excellent tutor? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
jayceeone3

New

Anyone know an excellent tutor?

Post by jayceeone3 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:28 pm

Trying to take the October and/or November LSAT. I'm prepping with "The LSAT Trainer" but was hoping to complement it with a tutor. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated! (Location probably doesn't matter since everything's remote right now.)

almondbutter

New

Re: Anyone know an excellent tutor?

Post by almondbutter » Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:03 pm

Most tutors offer free trials/diagnostic sessions so you should schedule a couple just to see which tutors you view as the most competent/personality works best with you. I think what tutor works best for you will also depend on where you currently are PTing. If you're in the lower range (140-150), I think almost any tutor would help you improve. If you're PTing in the upper 160's the only way to get better is through rather targeted, repetitive practice. You'd want to look for tutors who has worked with students like you before and not the general BS that Kaplan puts out. I used The LSAT Nerd and I had good experience with them (ended w/ upper 170's) but YMMV.

theoryworksco

New

Re: Anyone know an excellent tutor?

Post by theoryworksco » Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:06 pm

Tell me a little more about yourself/your history studying for the LSAT and whether you have any specific objectives in mind. Do you know when you will likely take the exam? How are you currently doing on timed sections? Do you have a target score in mind?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”