LSAT prep help! (Especially reading comprehension) Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
ucancallmedaddy

New

LSAT prep help! (Especially reading comprehension)

Post by ucancallmedaddy » Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:11 pm

What’s up everyone? New to this forum, but I have a question.

I just did my diagnostic. Haven’t ever done more than about an hour of LSAT prep in my life (just a couple logic games and a couple questions from LR to see what they were about last week).

My score on the diagnostic was 163 and the breakdown per section was:

LG 19/23
LR 46/50
RC 18/27

Obviously reading comprehension was the big problem but I just feel like I was super rushed on that section. I also didn’t have a hard copy of the test. So, I was reading the sections off of my laptop and couldn’t underline or anything. Don’t know how much you all think that would affect things. I imagine it would have a little bit of an effect, especially on the reading comprehension section.

First, any suggestions on how I should go about improving my scores (books, online courses, practice sections, etc.), as well as what I should target as an overall score after actually preparing? I don’t see why I couldn’t get consistent perfect scores on LG, but how much can I bring up my RC/LR scores?

Thanks so much!

P.S. I’m planning on taking the June 8th LSAT and will really start studying (I’m planning on about 4-5 hours a day) starting March 1. FWIW, my UG gpa was a 3.99 and I’ll have 4 years of WE teaching before starting law school.

lsatmadness

New

Re: LSAT prep help! (Especially reading comprehension)

Post by lsatmadness » Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:02 pm

A lot of passages have similar structure and paying attention to that is a great way to improve at the start. You don't have to get bogged down in the content as much as you think. Another think worth doing is taking note of the type of questions you miss. Is it author agree/disagree? Main point? Really drill down on those and understand why the right answer is correct instead of spending equal time on all questions.

I think my RC notes can help you. As someone fortunate to have broken the 170 barrier officially on November 2019's LSAT, you can learn about the evolution of the mindset of a 170 scorer to get there. I cover tons of tough RC questions and notice themes and trends that can expedite your improvement. Check out my post here: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 6&t=304469

Good luck!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”