International LSAT Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
FrenchMomo

New

International LSAT

Post by FrenchMomo » Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:59 am

Hi guys,

I was wondering about LSATs that are administered abroad. I saw on many forums and even here, that LSAT in foreign centers is "different".

But being myself in this case I am quite confused, I understand that it must be different because of the time difference, but is it different in its difficulty compared to the American test?

I also have a question concerning the time required to receive the results, is the delay longer than in the US?

Thank you and good luck to all !

HopefulSplitter0000

Bronze

Re: International LSAT

Post by HopefulSplitter0000 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:57 am

FrenchMomo wrote:But being myself in this case I am quite confused, I understand that it must be different because of the time difference, but is it different in its difficulty compared to the American test?

I also have a question concerning the time required to receive the results, is the delay longer than in the US
From both personal experience and information available through LSAC:

1. The exam is not harder. It is an LSAT, and there are only oh-so-many ways to write questions.

2. The time required to receive results varies from test to test, but you can reasonably expect a waiting period of 3-5 weeks IIRC. However, LSAC will tell you after the exam (via their website) when to expect results, and you will find that it is not much different from the US.

3. There is one major difference: LSAT exams administered internationally are still paper-and-pencil affairs I believe (I may be wrong, but that seems to be what their website indicates). LSAC has made the North American version digital, and the prep for a digital exam will differ from that of a paper-and-pencil exam.

Also, as a final note, the time difference is meaningless. If you sign up for an exam using the LSAC website, the times will be local test center times.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”