RC review plan- could you take a look? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Donna29

New

RC review plan- could you take a look?

Post by Donna29 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:08 pm

Hello TLS,

After reading posts after posts on TLS, I realized how important reviews are and would like to ask for some advice on my new RC study routine. I study full time except for some short part-time jobs.

My current RC stats are
-When untimed, -1 or -2 per passage taking avg 13min (4min reading, 9min on questions)
-When timed, avg -10~-14 per section (sorry for being disastrous and heart-stopping)

*the reason for taking time too long on questions is because the wording in the answer choices still baffles me and sometimes researching too long.
*The reason for avg -10 to -14 in the timed section is because I never get to the fourth passage. I do 1,2,3 and then finish the reading for the 4th passage, then the time is up before answering those last 6-7 questions. Plus, out of haste, I always misunderstand one of the 4 passages, and despite answering all the questions, I get 4 wrong out of 6-7. This has been consistent. 1 passage that I misunderstand out of haste, 1 passage I run out of time for the questions, then 2 other passages that I score o-w-kay.

I've been stuck with these problems for a month, then I discovered TLS and read the strategies of 175+ people. So I adjusted my plan and decided to work on the complete understanding of the RC section. Because it is my weakest section.

1. Read the passage and analyze them following the Voyager's RC strategy.
2. Do it the second time to improve toward efficient markings
3. Do the above third time (should I skip this step?)
4. Move on to the questions, then do the blind review (7 sage- go thru the questions again without scoring).
5. Review the wrong ones and the questions I felt uncertain about. (why right/wrong thoroughly)
6. Should I review the RC passage in the future in a similar manner that I review the LR questions a few days later?

Please do vigorously criticize the plan and let me know where to fix it.

I am not an avid reader so I am working on it by reading the journals recommended here: the Economist, Scientific American. Also, I have a yearly subscription to Washinton Post. Is this also a good reading source?

Thank you.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”