How To Best Study for the Logic Games Section?

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
neeks8282

New

How To Best Study for the Logic Games Section?

Postby neeks8282 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:11 pm

So I just started seriously studying for the LSAT and logic games is by far my worst section. I've gone through the Bible and learned how to diagram each type of game. I'm now going through a section a night drilling, blind reviewing, and then redoing each game to make sure I get it.

My question is, is this a good strategy? Sometimes I feel like I'm bumbling through and just moving from game to game but not maintaining a solid foundation in the type of game I just did before a different type of game hits me right after it. I know some people suggest attacking the logic game section by question type, that is, going through and drilling each type of game separately until they've mastered all of them. Does anyone have any insight into whether this would be more helpful than just jumping from game to game on each preptest as they come up randomly?

Evilknightz

New

Re: How To Best Study for the Logic Games Section?

Postby Evilknightz » Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:30 pm

7sage Foolproof Method every LSAT logic game ever is what I'm doing. Obviously you don't necessarily need to do all of them, but you certainly see improvement doing such a immense number. I feel like doing different types of games seperately is probably a good idea. It nails down the common strategies and helps reinforce them.

3pianists

Bronze

Re: How To Best Study for the Logic Games Section?

Postby 3pianists » Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:57 pm

I think it depends on your strategy. Mine involved solving only three games, so I picked the kinds of games I was best at and worked most on those because I could choose to work on them and skip the others. Assuming you're taking whatever comes your way on the LSAT, I think it's just personal preference on whether to focus on one kind of game at a time. I likely would, if I were doing it again--but making sure to go back and review ones I've already worked on.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum�