Need Advice Before LSAT! Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Katarina_xxo

New

Need Advice Before LSAT!

Post by Katarina_xxo » Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:23 pm

Hi Everyone,
I need some advice ASAP!!
So I am currently signed up to take the June LSAT in two days, and unsure as to whether I should withdraw and take the September LSAT instead.

I just recently started seeing improvement in my practice test scores, jumping out of the 150s to a range of about 164-167.
However, due to test anxiety, & the fact that I just recently broke out of the 150s zone, I am afraid this won't be an accurate measure of how well I am going to do on the actual LSAT.

I would feel much more comfortable going into the test with much higher PT scores. I was planning to sign up for the September LSAT anyway regardless of how well I do on Monday, because I know a few more months would definitely give me time to improve. At the same time, I am not sure If I want two scores on my record if I end up performing horribly on Monday.

Just some stats: I graduated with a History degree from UC Berkeley in 2016. Due to some CC grades that were stricken from my UC record (but used for LSAC GPA computation :? ) I am applying with a 3.6. Knowing this, I understand I have to get an awesome LSAT score if I want to have a solid shot at my target schools (UCLA, USC, Georgetown)

Advice would be appreciated!!

dm1683

Silver

Re: Need Advice Before LSAT!

Post by dm1683 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:50 pm

Katarina_xxo wrote:Hi Everyone,
So I am currently signed up to take the June LSAT in two days, and unsure as to whether I should withdraw and take the September LSAT instead.

I just recently started seeing improvement in my practice test scores, jumping out of the 150s to a range of about 164-167.
However, due to test anxiety, & the fact that I just recently broke out of the 150s zone, I am afraid this won't be an accurate measure of how well I am going to do on the actual LSAT.

I would feel much more comfortable going into the test with much higher PT scores. I was planning to sign up for the September LSAT anyway regardless of how well I do on Monday, because I know a few more months would definitely give me time to improve. At the same time, I am not sure If I want two scores on my record if I end up performing horribly on Monday.

Just some stats: I graduated with a History degree from UC Berkeley in 2016. Due to some CC grades that were stricken from my UC record (but used for LSAC GPA computation :? ) I am applying with a 3.6. Knowing this, I understand I have to get an awesome LSAT score if I want to have a solid shot at my target schools (UCLA, USC, Georgetown)

Hi Katarina! (gorgeous name btw).

I wouldn't worry. You're on a hot streak now so I would go ahead and take on Monday. The fact that you are already open to a retake is good news. Remember that most schools (save Yale and NYU I think) don't average your scores, or even consider any score that is not your highest. So there really is no downside to taking now, especially since LSAC just nixed the three takes in two years rule. Will you score high enough to be admitted to USC/UCLA on Monday? Likely no; with your GPA you would need at least 166-167 to have a shot, and 170 to make it worthwhile. But Monday's take will give you great experience and allow you to go into September well prepared.

Best of luck! :D

Katarina_xxo

New

Re: Need Advice Before LSAT!

Post by Katarina_xxo » Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:34 am

dm1683 wrote:
Katarina_xxo wrote:Hi Everyone,

Hi Katarina! (gorgeous name btw).

I wouldn't worry. You're on a hot streak now so I would go ahead and take on Monday. The fact that you are already open to a retake is good news. Remember that most schools (save Yale and NYU I think) don't average your scores, or even consider any score that is not your highest. So there really is no downside to taking now, especially since LSAC just nixed the three takes in two years rule. Will you score high enough to be admitted to USC/UCLA on Monday? Likely no; with your GPA you would need at least 166-167 to have a shot, and 170 to make it worthwhile. But Monday's take will give you great experience and allow you to go into September well prepared.

Best of luck! :D
You're probably right, thanks for your advice! Definitely calms my nerves a bit!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”