The Official June 2017 Study Group Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

DOLPHINS, ARE YOU READY TO CRUSH THIS TEST?

Poll ended at Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:54 pm

FU%# YES!!!
28%
F#$k YES!!!
15%
FEAR MY BOTTLE SHAPED NOSE!!!
56%

Total votes: 39

Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Post by Mint-Berry_Crunch » Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:08 pm

since a lot of tablets do off the option to write/ use a stylus i wouldnt be surprised if this is added to the test since they are going for the tablet and not a desktop like the other tests in the scheme of things i doubt this would be a huge burden for them to add.

blackmamba8

Bronze

Post by blackmamba8 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:34 pm

180pedia wrote:
blackmamba8 wrote:Shit an online LSAT would be hell. I was thinking about switching to September for my third take but now I'm going to gun to be ready by June. I don't want to risk waiting and have them switch to online for September. I mark the shit out of my tests and I think my score would drop big time on a tablet.
LSAC wrote:
LSAC is currently not planning to discontinue the paper-and-pencil LSAT. The Digital LSAT Pilot Test is being conducted as part of research on a possible future format of the LSAT.
http://digitallsat.lsac.org/pages/faq.aspx

I wouldn't worry about it. I imagine it will be at least a year from the initial test.
Ahh awesome. I'm already stressed out enough with this so I'm glad I don't have that to worry about too. I signed up for it as well. $100 and a free PT is a pretty good deal. I just wish it wasn't going to take six weeks to get our results afterwards.

Platopus

Gold

Post by Platopus » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:19 pm

Saylor1720 wrote:Digital eh? At least it won't be ready for the June test. Which gives me even more motivation to get the score I want now.

Back to the drawing board for me. I think I jinxed myself humble bragging about my RC last week. My last PT

PT 35
LR1: -4
RC: -10 :(
LG: -5
LR2: -3
Score: 163

Took an experimental LR and got -3.

With my goal being a 170+, I feel pretty comfortable with LR right now. As far as LG and RC go, this needs a ton of work.

Do you think it would be smart to hold off on any more PTs and just drill LG/RC until it is where I want it? I understand that that is probably the way to go, but I'm also nervous that I won't get enough PTs in before June. Currently I've taken 4, and with 2 a week here on in I can get to 25. Do you think if I sured up LG/RC and still got ~20 in that would be enough PTs?

I know there is no right or wrong answer, but I'm feeling a bit discouraged after that horrendous score. My other option is hop back in the saddle Thursday or Friday and hope that it's a one off.
I would echo others in saying that you shouldn't worry about the number of PT's you take, necessarily. Taking PT's is only a tool to develop skills. If you had all the skills, you wouldn't need to take a single PT.

With that said, since were about 2 months away from test date, I would probably still take as many PT's as you can, every experimental you take should be either LG or RC. Off days should be focused on RC and definitely, definitely LG, since I feel like that is probably an easier way to make up points. It's just time to buckle down if you're going to go through with June. You should probably be around 173 before deciding to sit, if you really want that 170.

Overall, don't let this knock you off the wagon. Bad scores happen, & we all have off days. I had a -7 on LR (on a single section) a couple weeks ago, and then scored a 179 on my PT 3 days later - so these things happen. Shake it off, and you'll do fine.

zkyggi

Bronze

Post by zkyggi » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:05 pm

Has anybody felt a breakthrough moment in their LSAT prep? I've been going -8/-7 in LG for two months, then all of a sudden, this week I've started sitting between -3/-5. I feel like the stagnant progress was really hurting my motivation, which further stagnated my progress. I'm now on spring break and all I want to do is logic games. Has this happened to any of you studying for the June test?
Last edited by zkyggi on Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Platopus

Gold

Post by Platopus » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:59 pm

zkyggi wrote:Has anybody felt a breakthrough moment in their LSAT prep? I've been going -8/-7 in LG for two months, then all of a sudden, this week I've started sitting between -3/-5. I feel like the stagnant progress was really hurting my motivation, which further stagnated my progress. I'm now on spring break and all I want to do is logic games. Has this happened to any of you studying for the June test?
I recall a sudden breakthrough in both LG and RC, where all of a sudden I was going max -2 per section. LR has not been so kind, however. The LSAT is addictive.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Platopus

Gold

Post by Platopus » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:19 am

Just signed up for the digital LSAT. I figured a free PT and some extra practice can't hurt. I'm more so interested in seeing what the test is like on a digital format. I wonder if LSAC is truly ready to start beta-testing, or if this is spurred by Harvard announcement to start accepting the GRE.

Saylor1720

New

Post by Saylor1720 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:22 am

Platopus wrote:    
Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:
TBH I would focus more on drilling lg/RC right now. Make sure you're making good use of your RC review because if you're still fluctuating, it means you're not quite fundamentally sound.

i dont think its as importants to get 20 pts in, thats not sufficient to getting a high score, and might just take up more time when you could be drilling and shoring up some conceptual/fundamental issues.

another thing to note is, the sections aren't directly comparable. each RC section will vary slightly in difficulty, so you might crush one section and get rocked in another. well, the section you crushed might be part of a test with super hard games/LR. its much more important to have all the tools and be able to put them together and drilling helps build that.
Thank you both for the advice. I think I'm going to take the next two weeks and really focus on some fundamental RC/LG work. I have pinpointed some weaknesses, and I'm going to put in the work up front. I'll take another PT around April 10th as long as the LG/RC work goes as planned. I like the idea of taking experimentals as LG and RC almost exclusively. During this time of extensive RC/LG studying and drilling, I'm going to do LR every second day to stay sharp. There is around 11 weeks to go, and getting in the 173 range before I sit is my goal, so time to put the work in! Thanks again!

Amerision

Bronze

Post by Amerision » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:38 am

I'm back after what seems like 40+ pages on this thread! I'm PTing around 167-170 now, hoping to break the 170 barrier and leave it behind soon. LR is by FAR my worst section and it's painful to see how much higher I could get if I just got a few more right. Wish I could take that digital LSAT but the closest one to me is in PA and 2 and a half hours away... good luck!
Last edited by Amerision on Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

latetothis

Bronze

Post by latetothis » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:40 am

Last edited by latetothis on Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Legallylawyer2020

Bronze

Post by Legallylawyer2020 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:57 pm

Checking in. Committed to a school but retaking to try and get off T13 waitlists.

potus

Bronze

Post by potus » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:02 pm

Trying to register for the June 2017 LSAT, but all zipcodes are filled in New York City and DC -- and it's allowing me to sign up for a waiting list. Anyone registered recently from these areas? Philly actually has some openings like Villanova, etc. But I'd rather not take a weekend trip to Philly for the LSAT.

Platopus

Gold

Post by Platopus » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:58 am

Amerision wrote:I'm back after what seems like 40+ pages on this thread! I'm PTing around 167-170 now, hoping to break the 170 barrier and leave it behind soon. LR is by FAR my worst section and it's painful to see how much higher I could get if I just got a few more right. Wish I could take that digital LSAT but the closest one to me is in PA and 2 and a half hours away... good luck!
LR is my toughest section too. Contrary to popular opinion, I've seen the quickest gains on RC. LG I still make stupid mistakes here and there, but LR is definitely my crap shoot.

If you've been in the upper 160's for a while, I predict a breakthrough coming soon 8) Best of luck and stick with it. We still have a little over 2 months!

latetothis

Bronze

Post by latetothis » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:13 pm

Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:Side note, does anyone in dc know any good test centers? Last I heard there aren't really any and you'd have to go to nova
I took my first LSAT at Howard and thought it was well-run. The second time was at Montgomery College, which was decent but the desks were too small, and one of the proctors started sharpening pencils at the beginning of the test, which was a bit distracting. This time, I signed up for the waiting list in the DC area yesterday (rather than go to Philly) and was placed the same day at the Northern Virginia Community College-Annandale test center.
Last edited by latetothis on Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum

Post by Mint-Berry_Crunch » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:17 pm

potus wrote:Trying to register for the June 2017 LSAT, but all zipcodes are filled in New York City and DC -- and it's allowing me to sign up for a waiting list. Anyone registered recently from these areas? Philly actually has some openings like Villanova, etc. But I'd rather not take a weekend trip to Philly for the LSAT.
I signed up for the WL in dc and ended up with Washington Adventist uni. But that's WL. Is there nothing in NOVA

Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum

Post by Mint-Berry_Crunch » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:18 pm

latetothis wrote:
Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:Side note, does anyone in dc know any good test centers? Last I heard there aren't really any and you'd have to go to nova
I took my first LSAT at Howard in September 2016, and thought it was well-run. The second time was at Montgomery College, which was decent but the desks were too small, and one of the proctors started sharpening pencils at the beginning of the test, which was a bit distracting. This time, I signed up for the waiting list in the DC area yesterday (rather than go to Philly) and was placed the same day at the Northern Virginia Community College-Annandale test center.
Thanks! Hrm Howard would be great for me. I need to go ahead and sign up asap

potus

Bronze

Post by potus » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:30 pm

Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:
potus wrote:Trying to register for the June 2017 LSAT, but all zipcodes are filled in New York City and DC -- and it's allowing me to sign up for a waiting list. Anyone registered recently from these areas? Philly actually has some openings like Villanova, etc. But I'd rather not take a weekend trip to Philly for the LSAT.
I signed up for the WL in dc and ended up with Washington Adventist uni. But that's WL. Is there nothing in NOVA
Oh, thanks! How long did it take until they took you off the WL?

Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum

Post by Mint-Berry_Crunch » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:31 pm

potus wrote:
Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:
Oh, thanks! How long did it take until they took you off the WL?
Turns out I haven't paid yet? So I haven't lol.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum

Post by Mint-Berry_Crunch » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:32 pm

I guess since everything is WL it's just luck of the draw and nothing I can really do. I did wind up with a nearby TC when I took the test a while ago and had to WL

Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum

Post by Mint-Berry_Crunch » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:36 pm

Finally got around to drilling some LR. Felt good, missed one out of 30 MBT qs.

I always miss the second question I see when I first start doing questions lol

potus

Bronze

Post by potus » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:42 pm

Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:I guess since everything is WL it's just luck of the draw and nothing I can really do. I did wind up with a nearby TC when I took the test a while ago and had to WL
It's saying payment is required in order to be added to the WL per the cart. Oh well, should be a refund if something terrible happens.

Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum

Post by Mint-Berry_Crunch » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:43 pm

potus wrote:
Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:I guess since everything is WL it's just luck of the draw and nothing I can really do. I did wind up with a nearby TC when I took the test a while ago and had to WL
It's saying payment is required in order to be added to the WL per the cart. Oh well, should be a refund if something terrible happens.
If it's really far you can call and have them try to move it I think too, but hats like 100+ miles.

I would sign up today but I don't really have a good headshot lol

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

potus

Bronze

Post by potus » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:45 pm

Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:
potus wrote:
If it's really far you can call and have them try to move it I think too, but hats like 100+ miles.

Don't worry! You will have an opportunity to change your picture later, once your registration is completed until the deadline. They'll also send reminders when the deadline to change your pic is approaching, and that it needs to abide by x, y, z guidelines.

Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum

Post by Mint-Berry_Crunch » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:46 pm

potus wrote:
Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:
potus wrote:

Don't worry! You will have an opportunity to change your picture later, once your registration is completed until the deadline. They'll also send reminders when the deadline to change your pic is approaching, and that it needs to abide by x, y, z guidelines.
Ohhh ok cool. I'll just put a lame one in for now

latetothis

Bronze

Post by latetothis » Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:03 pm

Last edited by latetothis on Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

potus

Bronze

Post by potus » Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:13 pm

latetothis wrote: Hi, I'm not sure if you saw my earlier post, but I signed up for the June test on the DC waitlist and 5 minutes later got an email saying I was reassigned to NOVA CC-Annandale. It's still a long Metro ride from where I live, but better than trekking up to Philly! Good luck :)
I didn't, but that sounds great! Going to add myself on the WL first thing tomorrow.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”