Using a pen during Logic Games Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
keta02

New

Using a pen during Logic Games

Post by keta02 » Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:15 pm

Hi,

I'm noticed when I'm practicing that it is much faster to use a pen to make the master sketch in LG section and fill individual spaces with pencil and erase with pencil after each question so the original master sketch looks clean. Has anyone ever tried using a pen for certain sections of LG and whether this is really faster than doing it all in pencil? Just be sure not to bubble in in pen of course.

Do they even let you bring a pen?

lawyerliar

New

Re: Using a pen during Logic Games

Post by lawyerliar » Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:17 pm

only highlighters and pencils

ogman05

Bronze

Post by ogman05 » Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:37 pm

I haven't done this but I can tell you why it's bot advantageous to erase diagrams. For every question diagrams that you plugged through can be referenced. For example if a question ask which one of the could be false and one answer is y must be ahead of v. But in one of your diagrams v comes before y you can reference that an waste notime while immediately moving on. Never erase your work.

ogman05

Bronze

Post by ogman05 » Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:38 pm

And sorry for all the typos. On my iPhone

Canadian89

New

Post by Canadian89 » Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:34 am

You could use a highlighter in place of a pen, but I suggest not using one diagram but multiple so you can go back and use them as references for future questions which may allow you to answer questions faster.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

MF248

Bronze

Post by MF248 » Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:15 am

Can't bring a pen with you.

I was never worried about erasing etc. but what I found useful was to always use a freshly sharpened pencil for LG so that your handwriting, diagramming etc. is all very neat.

On the actual test I ended up using a different pen for every section.

bblobber

New

Post by bblobber » Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:27 am

The PowerScore LGB has the right technique for this. Make one big sketch in pencil at the bottom. If this sketch is amenable to being extended (for linear games, etc.) then just add a new row each time you need to. If not, then make mini-sketches to the side of the relevant question. Keep the formatting the same, but make it smaller and less thorough. Never erase anything unless it's actually a mistake on your master sketch. If it's just something that you're trying out in order to test the rules, but it doesn't work out, simply draw a line through it and move on. You never know if that thing that didn't work out might give you the answer to a "could not be true" question.

IHaveDietMoxie

Bronze

Post by IHaveDietMoxie » Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:49 am

better to incorporate options in your sketch rather than erasing

cdnguy

New

Post by cdnguy » Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:50 pm

ogman05 wrote:I haven't done this but I can tell you why it's bot advantageous to erase diagrams. For every question diagrams that you plugged through can be referenced. For example if a question ask which one of the could be false and one answer is y must be ahead of v. But in one of your diagrams v comes before y you can reference that an waste notime while immediately moving on. Never erase your work.
I agree with this. I always put a big star next to valid models in a game.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”