What are my options? 3.722 w/ 161

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)

Posts: 365
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:16 pm

What are my options? 3.722 w/ 161

Postby M.M. » Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:35 pm

I took the LSAT October 2012 and again in December. The first time I got a 161, about 6 points below my PT average. The second time, I was testing consistently around 169 and bombed it. Completely fucked it up. Cancelled my score. So now I'm stuck applying with a 3.72 and a 161. I plan on retaking in February, but what are the implications of my recent score cancellation? What options do I realistically have? Originally I wanted to get at least a 168 and apply to a couple T14 like Berkeley, Michigan, Duke, and UCLA, as well as some other lower ranked schools which were seeming shoe-ins with the right LSAT score, in hopes of getting significant scholarships. Do I have any chance of still being accepted to a T14 this cycle, assuming I get a high enough LSAT score in February? Do I have any chance of getting scholarships to lower ranked schools? Does it matter at all if I take the Feb LSAT or should I just wait until next cycle? Does it matter if I take it and do well on it at this point, for this cycle?

User avatar
Ron Don Volante

Posts: 899
Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:26 pm

Re: What are my options? 3.722 w/ 161

Postby Ron Don Volante » Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:38 pm

Gotta retake w/ those goals; sitting out a year will also probably be required. Feb test doesn't give the turnaround, typically.


Posts: 11730
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:53 am

Re: What are my options? 3.722 w/ 161

Postby BigZuck » Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:43 pm

http://www.mylsn.info for chances

My cycle (2 ago), some schools were taking June LSATs. I would think February wouldn't be too late but maybe schools are pretending they have standards/a sense of shame again, IDK

User avatar

Posts: 7776
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2014 3:50 pm

Re: What are my options? 3.722 w/ 161

Postby Kratos » Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:31 am

Just wait, retake, maybe get a job, enjoy life. Law school isn't going anywhere.


Posts: 16640
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: What are my options? 3.722 w/ 161

Postby Rigo » Sat Dec 13, 2014 2:27 pm

Unfortunately you're shut out from the T14 given the 161 paired with an alright, but not exceptional, GPA.

I'm glad you're retaking. Sitting out the cycle and applying early next year will be best, but if you knock it out of the park in February and apply asap, you will probably do decent enough when it comes to admissions since apps are way down amongst 165+ scorers so far this cycle. I would wait and apply next cycle to maximize your chances.
Consider taking June rather than February to give yourself more time to prepare and get 170+.

Return to “Law School FAQ?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests