Northwestern Pritzker - Class of 2020 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2020)

How decided are you on NU?

Tuition deposit is in and I'm ready to go!
38%
Tuition deposit not in, but it's an emphatic yes
6%
Planning on committing if they give me the right coins (i.e. scholly reconsideration)
13%
Still conflicted
13%
That's gonna be a no for me
30%

Total votes: 63

guynourmin

Gold

Re: Northwestern Pritzker - Class of 2020

Post by guynourmin » Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:26 pm

2000andBeyond wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
dclaw93 wrote:FYI, NU just posted details about ASW here: http://www.law.northwestern.edu/admissi ... itweekend/

Here's the link to the tentative schedule for Diversity Day + ASW if anyone is curious: http://www.law.northwestern.edu/admissi ... le2017.pdf

Also, the forms to register + to request a travel stipend are up!
OMG! This looks like so much fun. I'm soooo jealous of y'all :( :cry:
Will you be at a different school that weekend or just can't make it?

2000andBeyond

Silver

Post by 2000andBeyond » Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:20 pm

guybourdin wrote:
2000andBeyond wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
dclaw93 wrote:FYI, NU just posted details about ASW here: http://www.law.northwestern.edu/admissi ... itweekend/

Here's the link to the tentative schedule for Diversity Day + ASW if anyone is curious: http://www.law.northwestern.edu/admissi ... le2017.pdf

Also, the forms to register + to request a travel stipend are up!
OMG! This looks like so much fun. I'm soooo jealous of y'all :( :cry:
Will you be at a different school that weekend or just can't make it?
I'm gonna be at a trial (for work) in the SDNY from March 20-April 8. It came just in time to ruin my life lol

dclaw93

Bronze

Post by dclaw93 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:12 pm

brinicolec wrote:
BruiseWillis wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
dclaw93 wrote:
brinicolec wrote:Just booked my flight + hotel for ASW 8) Coming a couple days early and staying a day late to check out Chicago since I've never been before.
You staying near NU or somewhere further out? I'm trying to figure out what I wanna do.
Staying near NU at the Warwick. Doesn't have terrible or great reviews (just okay) and is an older spot but the Northwestern discount for a queen bed is $100/night + tax. 10 minute walk to the law school. Residence Inn has a room for $169/night too at their Magnificent Mile location but since I'll be there 6 nights, that adds up lol.

If you're looking for something more affordable, I'd definitely say look somewhere else because other than those two discounts, everything was in the 200s (or higher)
Woah I didn't even know about the NU discount - I'm about to shamelessly copy you
Lol, I went off of this list: http://www.law.northwestern.edu/about/v ... modations/

I called around (not everywhere on the list, just a handful of them) and some places either didn't have any discount or didn't have any rooms available under the discount.

If you do, let me know. Maybe we can meet up and walk to the school together or something during ASW!
Just booked my room at the Warwick too! After looking at all the options I agree that it's a solid deal at $100/night.

brinicolec

Gold

Post by brinicolec » Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:42 am

dclaw93 wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
BruiseWillis wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
dclaw93 wrote:
brinicolec wrote:Just booked my flight + hotel for ASW 8) Coming a couple days early and staying a day late to check out Chicago since I've never been before.
You staying near NU or somewhere further out? I'm trying to figure out what I wanna do.
Staying near NU at the Warwick. Doesn't have terrible or great reviews (just okay) and is an older spot but the Northwestern discount for a queen bed is $100/night + tax. 10 minute walk to the law school. Residence Inn has a room for $169/night too at their Magnificent Mile location but since I'll be there 6 nights, that adds up lol.

If you're looking for something more affordable, I'd definitely say look somewhere else because other than those two discounts, everything was in the 200s (or higher)
Woah I didn't even know about the NU discount - I'm about to shamelessly copy you
Lol, I went off of this list: http://www.law.northwestern.edu/about/v ... modations/

I called around (not everywhere on the list, just a handful of them) and some places either didn't have any discount or didn't have any rooms available under the discount.

If you do, let me know. Maybe we can meet up and walk to the school together or something during ASW!
Just booked my room at the Warwick too! After looking at all the options I agree that it's a solid deal at $100/night.
Ayeeeee.

BruiseWillis

Bronze

Post by BruiseWillis » Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:47 am

dclaw93 wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
BruiseWillis wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
dclaw93 wrote:

Same! Just booked 5 nights, we should all get drinks or something haha

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

brinicolec

Gold

Post by brinicolec » Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:23 pm

BruiseWillis wrote:
dclaw93 wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
BruiseWillis wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
dclaw93 wrote:

Same! Just booked 5 nights, we should all get drinks or something haha
Agreed! Lol.

dclaw93

Bronze

Post by dclaw93 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:01 pm

Same! Just booked 5 nights, we should all get drinks or something haha[/quote]

Agreed! Lol.[/quote]
I'm in 8)

llm614

New

Post by llm614 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:24 pm

dclaw93 wrote:Same! Just booked 5 nights, we should all get drinks or something haha
Agreed! Lol.[/quote]
I'm in 8)[/quote]

+1

brinicolec

Gold

Post by brinicolec » Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:25 pm

llm614 wrote:
dclaw93 wrote:Same! Just booked 5 nights, we should all get drinks or something haha
Agreed! Lol.
I'm in 8)[/quote]

+1[/quote]

woot woot! lol.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

2000andBeyond

Silver

Post by 2000andBeyond » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:21 am

Not that it really matters (or should) but we top 10 in this bihhhh! Ayyyyyye

jamjmont

New

Post by jamjmont » Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:13 pm

2000andBeyond wrote:Not that it really matters (or should) but we top 10 in this bihhhh! Ayyyyyye
Came here to say this. Perfect timing #Top10

votebuilder1

New

Post by votebuilder1 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:15 pm

jamjmont wrote:
2000andBeyond wrote:Not that it really matters (or should) but we top 10 in this bihhhh! Ayyyyyye
8) 8) 8)

brinicolec

Gold

Post by brinicolec » Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:17 pm

votebuilder1 wrote:
jamjmont wrote:
8) 8) 8)
PRESTIGE FOR THE WIN!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

BruiseWillis

Bronze

Post by BruiseWillis » Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:49 pm

8) 8) 8)

somedeadman

Bronze

Post by somedeadman » Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:45 am

guybourdin wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
guybourdin wrote:
2000andBeyond wrote:
Keilz wrote:
dclaw93 wrote:
Keilz wrote:Anyone else working on the scholarship application essays right now because it's due tomorrow? lol
Yup :|
Really struggled with what to write in this first one but I think I'm almost done finally.
I've been getting home from work at like 8 (TLS isn't helping either) so it's gonna be a late night.

Does anyone know how much of an impact these essays have?
I just think they want to know how likely you are to attend and how much to incentivize you. I sure hope we hear back soon.
I don't think we'll hear back for at least 3 weeks. As close to the end of the month as they can manage, likely.

Idk. The FAQ says early-March, not late-March.
I don't know what the FAQ has said in previous years, but all with a 3/1 deadline the last three years were 3/25/16, 3/27/15, 3/20/14, so I am guessing late march.
I have a deposit due at my other most viable option on April 1st....talk about nail biter lll

jjcorvino

Silver

Post by jjcorvino » Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:16 pm

I figure I might as well visit for ASW, my family will be pissed if I don't take the chance to come home. :lol:

brinicolec

Gold

Post by brinicolec » Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:22 pm

jjcorvino wrote:I figure I might as well visit for ASW, my family will be pissed if I don't take the chance to come home. :lol:
Are you certain you'll be attending or certain you won't be attending? lol

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

brinicolec

Gold

Post by brinicolec » Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:23 pm

somedeadman wrote:
I have a deposit due at my other most viable option on April 1st....talk about nail biter lll

Well, someone said they called and were told they'll be releasing scholly stuff in a week or two, soooooo if they stay on schedule, you should have time!

jjcorvino

Silver

Post by jjcorvino » Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:27 pm

brinicolec wrote:
jjcorvino wrote:I figure I might as well visit for ASW, my family will be pissed if I don't take the chance to come home. :lol:
Not sure either way, I have just been traveling a ton and wasn't sure if I felt the need to do another one of these. I was just at a friends bachelor party, weekend before I was out of town for a family event, this last week I was at Columbia's, and at the end of the month I am going to UPenn's ASW. Just really a lot.

somedeadman

Bronze

Post by somedeadman » Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:29 pm

brinicolec wrote:
somedeadman wrote:

Well, someone said they called and were told they'll be releasing scholly stuff in a week or two, soooooo if they stay on schedule, you should have time!
Awesome, great to hear!

brinicolec

Gold

Post by brinicolec » Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:36 pm

jjcorvino wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
Not sure either way, I have just been traveling a ton and wasn't sure if I felt the need to do another one of these. I was just at a friends bachelor party, weekend before I was out of town for a family event, this last week I was at Columbia's, and at the end of the month I am going to UPenn's ASW. Just really a lot.
I'm doing like... four visits total I think. I hate flying so it's annoying lol

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

2000andBeyond

Silver

Post by 2000andBeyond » Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:21 pm

Anyone bringing a pet? I am thinking of getting a little kitten who'll keep me company while I study Contracts...

guynourmin

Gold

Post by guynourmin » Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:39 pm

2000andBeyond wrote:Anyone bringing a pet? I am thinking of getting a little kitten who'll keep me company while I study Contracts...
I have a dog!

NotAGolfer

Silver

Post by NotAGolfer » Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:43 pm

guybourdin wrote:
2000andBeyond wrote:Anyone bringing a pet? I am thinking of getting a little kitten who'll keep me company while I study Contracts...
I have a dog!
I have 2 cats that I really want to bring with me to LS. I need their cute furry faces to get me through 1L

brinicolec

Gold

Post by brinicolec » Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:06 pm

NotAGolfer wrote:
guybourdin wrote:
I have a dog!
I have 2 cats that I really want to bring with me to LS. I need their cute furry faces to get me through 1L
I have a ferret. And yeah. He helps me with anxiety/stress because I got him when he was young so he cuddles with me.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2020 Forum”