We're A1L mad here - TLS C/O 2020 Thread [New Pole] Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2020)

What Classes Do You Have This Semester?

Ks
16%
Crim
13%
Civ Pro
20%
Torts
14%
Property
10%
Con Law
5%
LRW
21%

Total votes: 401

S.Picquery

Silver

Re: Down the rabbit h0Le - [TLS C/O 2020 Thread]

Post by S.Picquery » Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:20 pm

Stylnator wrote:
Bob loblaw law blog wrote:
ashrice13 wrote:Dude guys. We're boring.

Is anyone actually excited to start LS? Like...it's gonna suck and everything but, as an older applicant, I'm kind of excited to go back to school/start a career. I know this is probably some serious 0L naivete but whatever.
I'm actually pretty excited. The idea of moving in general is exciting to some degree for me so that adds to it. I'm also finishing undergrad now and finally getting around to all the classes I need to take that just sounded super boring/pointless. Apparently I was right, they're awful and I can't wait to study something I actually find interesting again (even if I know the work is going to suck).
This. So much this. I know I'll feel so motivated once I get to law school just because I'll be so happy to be doing something I actually want to do for a change.
I can't wait. I miss school. My only concern is I'm going to love law school and find the real thing boring DDD:

RParadela

Silver

Post by RParadela » Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:33 pm

im sort of half/half on excitement for law school. I'm KJD, and I won't know anyone at the law school I go to, so I'm going to have to completely restart my social life (which is both great and shitty). Also, my major isn't exactly rigorous at UG, so the bump in work is going to be significant for me.

But, I'm excited to move forward with my life, esepcially since I'm in a much better position than most of the people I know. I can't imagine being about to graduate looking at a basic, low-paying job for the rest of my life. I'd be seriously depressed.

ashrice13

Gold

Post by ashrice13 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:07 pm

S.Picquery wrote:
Stylnator wrote:

Is anyone actually excited to start LS? Like...it's gonna suck and everything but, as an older applicant, I'm kind of excited to go back to school/start a career. I know this is probably some serious 0L naivete but whatever.
I'm actually pretty excited. The idea of moving in general is exciting to some degree for me so that adds to it. I'm also finishing undergrad now and finally getting around to all the classes I need to take that just sounded super boring/pointless. Apparently I was right, they're awful and I can't wait to study something I actually find interesting again (even if I know the work is going to suck).
This. So much this. I know I'll feel so motivated once I get to law school just because I'll be so happy to be doing something I actually want to do for a change.
I can't wait. I miss school. My only concern is I'm going to love law school and find the real thing boring DDD:
I'm a weirdo and love school so I definitely think this could happen to me also

Stylnator

Silver

Post by Stylnator » Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:19 pm

ashrice13 wrote:
S.Picquery wrote:
Stylnator wrote:

Maybe somewhere down the line academia is in the cards?

S.Picquery

Silver

Post by S.Picquery » Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:24 pm

Stylnator wrote:
ashrice13 wrote:
S.Picquery wrote:
Stylnator wrote:

Unlikely, since I'm not planning on attending Yale (or HS).

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

ashrice13

Gold

Post by ashrice13 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:27 pm

S.Picquery wrote:
Stylnator wrote:
ashrice13 wrote:
S.Picquery wrote:
Stylnator wrote:

Unlikely, since I'm not planning on attending Yale (or HS).
^same

Bob loblaw law blog

Bronze

Post by Bob loblaw law blog » Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:50 pm

Stylnator wrote:
ashrice13 wrote:
S.Picquery wrote:
Stylnator wrote:

I'm also one of the weird "love school" people so becoming a law prof is absolutely a dream of mine, but the profile of people who get legal academia is so limited I doubt I stand much of a chance with my measley mid-T14 future degree. Unless I just somehow absolutely kill it in LS, that's probably one of the doors that has already shut:(

Kaziende

Bronze

Post by Kaziende » Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:16 am

I could not possibly be more excited to get back to New York and start living real life again and taking showers and using a computer and not sweating and speaking English and sleeping on something that isn't a concrete floor.

Rigo

Diamond

Post by Rigo » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:46 am

Kaziende wrote:I could not possibly be more excited to get back to New York and start living real life again and taking showers and using a computer and not sweating and speaking English and sleeping on something that isn't a concrete floor.
Tbf your internet access as is is pretty remarkable.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Kaziende

Bronze

Post by Kaziende » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:40 am

Rigo wrote:
Kaziende wrote:I could not possibly be more excited to get back to New York and start living real life again and taking showers and using a computer and not sweating and speaking English and sleeping on something that isn't a concrete floor.
3G everywhere, have to bike 10k to charge my phone. Miracles of development.

Rigo

Diamond

Post by Rigo » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:53 am

Kaziende wrote:
Rigo wrote:
3G everywhere, have to bike 10k to charge my phone. Miracles of development.
In 10 years everyone will complain about Californication.

Kaziende

Bronze

Post by Kaziende » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:59 am

:lol:

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash

Silver

Post by Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:25 am

I feel like I would be a lot more fun in this thread if I could just quit my job like right now.

I have to live through the end of July though so I have to sit here, everyday, not caring at all about what happens but not having told anyone else yet.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

ashrice13

Gold

Post by ashrice13 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:14 pm

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash wrote:I feel like I would be a lot more fun in this thread if I could just quit my job like right now.

I have to live through the end of July though so I have to sit here, everyday, not caring at all about what happens but not having told anyone else yet.
SAME. Also, it's really hard not to just give my notice every time something frustrating happens or someone pisses me off.

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash

Silver

Post by Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash » Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:31 pm

ashrice13 wrote:
Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash wrote:I feel like I would be a lot more fun in this thread if I could just quit my job like right now.

SAME. Also, it's really hard not to just give my notice every time something frustrating happens or someone pisses me off.
My buddy works for a start-up at a wework office and its way less money (so I'd basically have whatever I saved by now and that's it for law school) but it's looks so fun and they wear jeans and t shirts and every time work is stressful I am so tempted to just bounce now and work there for 3 months

waldorf

Gold

Post by waldorf » Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:44 pm

ashrice13 wrote:

+1. I love the people I work with but it's not very intellectually stimulating, so I'm just bored out of my mind from 8-5/6 every single day. I'd rather be asleep.

RParadela

Silver

Post by RParadela » Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:46 pm

I'm still in undergrad and I'm pretty much done with my major so my last semester isn't exactly stressful lol

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

theothercat

Bronze

Post by theothercat » Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:48 pm

I feel like as I get closer to actually choosing a law school, I figure out more and more clearly what it is actually going to mean to quit my job and move to a city where the cost of living is literally 100% higher than where I currently live...with no job :shock: :(

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash

Silver

Post by Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash » Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:52 pm

theothercat wrote:I feel like as I get closer to actually choosing a law school, I figure out more and more clearly what it is actually going to mean to quit my job and move to a city where the cost of living is literally 100% higher than where I currently live...with no job :shock: :(
My COL is probably going to be like 1/3 what it is now, but I am getting the same feeling about having 0 income

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash

Silver

Post by Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash » Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:55 pm

bwaldorf wrote:
ashrice13 wrote:

+1. I love the people I work with but it's not very intellectually stimulating, so I'm just bored out of my mind from 8-5/6 every single day. I'd rather be asleep.
YUP, someone I know summed up accounting pretty perfectly as mental menial labor. Sure I'm "thinking" but I barely flex my knowledge, it's just about remembering to tick the right box on the query, change the right formulas, etc.

The only times I've ever had to think are when things go wrong, and now I can't care enough to actually stretch my mental muscles to fix it.

theothercat

Bronze

Post by theothercat » Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:55 pm

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash wrote:
theothercat wrote:I feel like as I get closer to actually choosing a law school, I figure out more and more clearly what it is actually going to mean to quit my job and move to a city where the cost of living is literally 100% higher than where I currently live...with no job :shock: :(
My COL is probably going to be like 1/3 what it is now, but I am getting the same feeling about having 0 income
It's terrifying! Plus, I have lived in the same state my whole life. I have no idea how to move 1,500 miles away. With a dog and a cat. Do I bring my stuff? Do I sell everything? How much does stuff cost? Do I take these animals on a goddamn plane?! So many questions. :lol:

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

waldorf

Gold

Post by waldorf » Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:56 pm

I've had a job since I was 14 and the concept of going three years (minus summers, hopefully) without a paycheck gives me great anxiety.

theothercat

Bronze

Post by theothercat » Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:57 pm

bwaldorf wrote:
I've had a job since I was 14 and the concept of going three years (minus summers, hopefully) without a paycheck gives me great anxiety.
Same here. It's a confusing feeling, because I'm actually excited to leave the 8-5, but not working at all? I just don't know how to cope with that.

amta

Platinum

Post by amta » Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:58 pm

bwaldorf wrote:
yeah man. deadbeat worry is real.

waldorf

Gold

Post by waldorf » Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:00 pm

theothercat wrote:
bwaldorf wrote:
Same here. It's a confusing feeling, because I'm actually excited to leave the 8-5, but not working at all? I just don't know how to cope with that.
Same. I'm sure we will be busy/stressed enough once school starts that we aren't worried about working, but Christmas break will be super weird lol.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2020 Forum”