Northwestern Pritzker Law Class of 2019 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2019)

Will you be attending ASW (April 1st & 2nd)?

Yes, see you there!
42%
Maybe, I'm not sure yet.
2%
No, I won't be attending.
33%
No, I've already visited/scheduled an alternate visit.
23%

Total votes: 43

threatlevelmidnight

Bronze

Re: Northwestern Pritzker Law Class of 2019

Post by threatlevelmidnight » Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:31 pm

James.K.Polk wrote:
threatlevelmidnight wrote:Finally made my deposit :D!!!
8) 8)

Welcome aboard!
:D :D :D

Loney M. Setnick

Bronze

Post by Loney M. Setnick » Sun Apr 24, 2016 2:02 pm

urbanist11 wrote:
AnonymousPython wrote:Did anyone see language anywhere that would require withdrawing from all other schools to which you were admitted before accepting the NU scholarship/submitting the tuition deposit? I've seen that for a lot of other schools, but not for NU.

I do not believe they require that
Are we sure about that? Is there somewhere we can check the exact terms for accepting the scholarship/submitting the tuition deposit? What would happen if someone accepted the NU scholarship and submitted a deposit to NU as well as somewhere else??

rhapsodelly

New

Post by rhapsodelly » Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:30 pm

jewkidontheblock wrote:
lemontea wrote:If I only have offers from lower-ranking/regional schools (like T30), should I even bother trying to negotiate? :?
In general it can't hurt, but there's a list of schools they'll look at. They don't consider $ from anywhere not on the list
Sorry if I missed something but... WHERE IS THIS LIST?!?! Please :)

Loney M. Setnick

Bronze

Post by Loney M. Setnick » Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:51 am

rhapsodelly wrote: Sorry if I missed something but... WHERE IS THIS LIST?!?! Please :)
I think the list is from the scholarship reconsideration form. The schools listed are the following:
Chicago
Columbia
Cornell
Duke
Emory
Georgetown
Harvard
Michigan
Minnesota
NYU
Penn
Stanford
UC Berkeley
UCLA
USC
UT- Austin
UVA
Vanderbilt
WUSTL
Yale

sudijajd

New

Post by sudijajd » Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:18 pm

Loney M. Setnick wrote:
urbanist11 wrote:
AnonymousPython wrote:Did anyone see language anywhere that would require withdrawing from all other schools to which you were admitted before accepting the NU scholarship/submitting the tuition deposit? I've seen that for a lot of other schools, but not for NU.

Are we sure about that? Is there somewhere we can check the exact terms for accepting the scholarship/submitting the tuition deposit? What would happen if someone accepted the NU scholarship and submitted a deposit to NU as well as somewhere else??
Can anyone confirm? Does NU require you to withdraw from other programs if you accept scholarship/tuition deposit?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

lemontea

New

Post by lemontea » Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:00 am

Loney M. Setnick wrote:
rhapsodelly wrote: Sorry if I missed something but... WHERE IS THIS LIST?!?! Please :)
I think the list is from the scholarship reconsideration form. The schools listed are the following:
Chicago
Columbia
Cornell
Duke
Emory
Georgetown
Harvard
Michigan
Minnesota
NYU
Penn
Stanford
UC Berkeley
UCLA
USC
UT- Austin
UVA
Vanderbilt
WUSTL
Yale
Sigh! I emailed them with a request for reconsideration for a school not on this list (wrote the essay and sent the attachments), and was denied. No harm in asking though. :P Now I feel like I should have applied to WUSTL, if only for some negotiation power.

Unrelated question: How did everyone find the Facebook group? I heard it mentioned at ASW but never saw anything about it in any of the emails...

Loney M. Setnick

Bronze

Post by Loney M. Setnick » Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:42 am

lemontea wrote: How did everyone find the Facebook group? I heard it mentioned at ASW but never saw anything about it in any of the emails...
I can't remember how I found it, but here's the FB link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/NULawClassof2019/

sudijajd

New

Post by sudijajd » Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:44 am

sudijajd wrote:
Loney M. Setnick wrote:
urbanist11 wrote:

Can anyone confirm? Does NU require you to withdraw from other programs if you accept scholarship/tuition deposit?
Spoke with admissions earlier and they did confirm we are not required to withdraw other apps if we put down a deposit at NU.

SruthiNamburi

New

Post by SruthiNamburi » Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:33 am

purinpurin710 wrote:Any international admits that hv already received the physical package?
I never got any physical package! And I deposited weeks ago. Lol

3 years experience as a lawyer. In the 2 year program for international lawyers.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Budfox55

Bronze

Post by Budfox55 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:02 am

SruthiNamburi wrote:
purinpurin710 wrote:Any international admits that hv already received the physical package?

3 years experience as a lawyer. In the 2 year program for international lawyers.
Regular JD student - accepted first week of march, deposed last week, also never got my physical package and I'm in the states lol.

James.K.Polk

Silver

Post by James.K.Polk » Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:40 am

Budfox55 wrote:
SruthiNamburi wrote:

Regular JD student - accepted first week of march, deposed last week, also never got my physical package and I'm in the states lol.
We're just talking about the Moleskine, right? Or is there more?

AnonymousPython

New

Post by AnonymousPython » Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:51 am

James.K.Polk wrote:
Admitted in early March, non-international, and I never got the Moleskine. I saw people post about it here, and I even think it was referenced in one of their ASW emails. Where is my Moleskine?!

Budfox55

Bronze

Post by Budfox55 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:03 am

James.K.Polk wrote:
Budfox55 wrote:
SruthiNamburi wrote:

Talking about moleskin.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Budfox55

Bronze

Post by Budfox55 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:04 am

AnonymousPython wrote:
James.K.Polk wrote:
Admitted in early March, non-international, and I never got the Moleskine. I saw people post about it here, and I even think it was referenced in one of their ASW emails. Where is my Moleskine?!
We demand moleskin!

meowatme123

New

Post by meowatme123 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:32 am

Budfox55 wrote:
AnonymousPython wrote:
James.K.Polk wrote:
We demand moleskin!
Same thing happened to me, but I sent them an email about it and they sent me one recently! Sounds like they forgot to send a bunch of them for early-March admits.

SruthiNamburi

New

Post by SruthiNamburi » Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:29 pm

meowatme123 wrote:
Budfox55 wrote:
AnonymousPython wrote:
James.K.Polk wrote:
We demand moleskin!
Same thing happened to me, but I sent them an email about it and they sent me one recently! Sounds like they forgot to send a bunch of them for early-March admits.
Would you mind sharing your email to them?

BruinRegents

Bronze

Post by BruinRegents » Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:34 pm

Welcome aboard to everyone that made their deposit.

I'll be in Chicago starting July, we should have a meet up.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

meowatme123

New

Post by meowatme123 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:57 am

SruthiNamburi wrote:
meowatme123 wrote:
Budfox55 wrote:
AnonymousPython wrote:
James.K.Polk wrote:
We demand moleskin!
Would you mind sharing your email to them?
Sure, I essentially said, Hi, I didn't receive the admissions packet or moleskine, just wanted to make sure you have my correct address because I was admitted in March or something to that effect. They were really nice about it and sent it about a week after that.

lemontea

New

Post by lemontea » Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:31 pm

Same here. Admitted in early March and saw lots of people who had the moleskine at ASW, so I emailed Cristina about it after ASW and it was in my mailbox like 1-2 weeks later.

urbanist11

Silver

Post by urbanist11 » Wed May 04, 2016 1:30 pm

Anyone got any hot leads on NU Law apparel? The stuff on the Abbott a bookstore website is terrible. I kinda expected them to get new stuff with the Pritzker name change - has anyone seen new gear in person?

Also this thread needs more life :D

omglawskool

New

Post by omglawskool » Wed May 04, 2016 4:13 pm

I know it's early, but has anyone signed a lease yet? Which buildings are people most interested in?

As an ED admit it feels like I've been waiting for the August lease availability for decades.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

threatlevelmidnight

Bronze

Post by threatlevelmidnight » Wed May 04, 2016 4:26 pm

omglawskool wrote:I know it's early, but has anyone signed a lease yet? Which buildings are people most interested in?

As an ED admit it feels like I've been waiting for the August lease availability for decades.
Last edited by threatlevelmidnight on Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheWalkingDebt

Silver

Post by TheWalkingDebt » Wed May 04, 2016 4:29 pm

I am glad that I don't have to worry about housing (an aunt lives in Oak Park and is letting me stay there for cheap), because I am going to be working basically up through the first week of school.

Good luck to everyone in their housing hunt.

rhapsodelly

New

Post by rhapsodelly » Thu May 05, 2016 12:13 am

threatlevelmidnight wrote:
omglawskool wrote:I know it's early, but has anyone signed a lease yet? Which buildings are people most interested in?

Depending on what you're looking at, I don't think apartments are going to be available for a lease starting in August until June, at the earliest. Anyone else looking at Lincoln Park or Lakeview? Streeterville prices are not at all appealing.

Definitely looking in Lincoln park or further North for the cheaper rent. I'm moving from the West coast so have limited familiarity with the area. I am under the impression that as long as I am not too far and within a few minutes of the red line I should be fine for easy access to campus. Can any locals back this up?

Alpal29

New

Post by Alpal29 » Thu May 05, 2016 12:36 am

rhapsodelly wrote:
threatlevelmidnight wrote:

Depending on what you're looking at, I don't think apartments are going to be available for a lease starting in August until June, at the earliest. Anyone else looking at Lincoln Park or Lakeview? Streeterville prices are not at all appealing.

Definitely looking in Lincoln park or further North for the cheaper rent. I'm moving from the West coast so have limited familiarity with the area. I am under the impression that as long as I am not too far and within a few minutes of the red line I should be fine for easy access to campus. Can any locals back this up?
I'm looking at Lincoln Park and Lakeview, I'm trying to get closer to the lake to be near the express buses. I am not about the streeterville pricing or sizes. I commuted in undergrad and commute 30 minutes now. Commuting in law school isn't going to bother me for more space at cheaper rent.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2019 Forum”