When are you quitting your full-time job for school? Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2018)

When are you quitting your full time job?

April
2%
May
12%
June
21%
July
41%
August
20%
I literally can't stand one more minute so RIGHT NOW
4%

Total votes: 138

IsThisForReal

Gold

Re: When are you quitting your full-time job for school?

Post by IsThisForReal » Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:19 pm

Put July 31 on my resig letter, but it'll probly move up 3 weeks if I go OOS.
Last edited by IsThisForReal on Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

NoBladesNoBows

Silver

Post by NoBladesNoBows » Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:46 pm

Last edited by NoBladesNoBows on Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dipper

Bronze

Post by Dipper » Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:48 pm

Last week. Life is good. 8)

NoBladesNoBows

Silver

Post by NoBladesNoBows » Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:49 pm

Last edited by NoBladesNoBows on Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

pancakes

New

Post by pancakes » Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:51 pm

NoBladesNoBows wrote:
fisheatbananas wrote:
NoBladesNoBows wrote:Next week...4 whole months of yolo
What are you doing in the 4 months of yolo haha
Just wondering because I thought about quitting in May but am leaning towards July since I don't even have set plans for the summer
Cleaning out all of my non-retirement accounts and travelling with periods of sitting on my ass interspersed. Also probably try to get in the habit of running, get rid of all my old crap, take care of any other things that I've been putting off since high school, maybe do some 0L and other miscellaneous reading, and find an apartment/move in. Also considering studying and retaking in June to see if I can get pulled off a higher up WL or get some more of dat cashe.

I was scared a while ago because I thought I would get bored with nothing to do for four months, but the more I thought about it the more I realized how fast it will fly by and and how much I will wish I had taken full advantage of it come 1L.
Would the June LSAT really help with scholarships? I just feel like it is so late for them to still be considering it. I only ask because I've been debating it myself.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

NoBladesNoBows

Silver

Post by NoBladesNoBows » Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:51 pm

Last edited by NoBladesNoBows on Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

NoBladesNoBows

Silver

Post by NoBladesNoBows » Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:53 pm

Last edited by NoBladesNoBows on Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hand

Gold

Post by Hand » Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:54 pm

NoBladesNoBows wrote:Chronologically or order written?
I'd go with order written; that's how I read it. It helps to go into the chronologically earlier books to already have some background on the characters (even though that background comes from future events).

NoBladesNoBows

Silver

Post by NoBladesNoBows » Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:55 pm

Last edited by NoBladesNoBows on Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Hand

Gold

Post by Hand » Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:56 pm

NoBladesNoBows wrote:
Hand wrote:
NoBladesNoBows wrote:Chronologically or order written?
I'd go with order written; that's how I read it. It helps to go into the chronologically earlier books to already have some background on the characters (even though that background comes from future events).
I generally go with order written when starting a new series, I just found it interesting that American Assassin is subtitled "Mitch Rapp: Book 1".
Yeah it's the first one they are making a movie out of, so it needed to be branded in a way that does not make people dread having to first read 10 books for the backstory

NoBladesNoBows

Silver

Post by NoBladesNoBows » Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:58 pm

KMart

Gold

Post by KMart » Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:01 pm

Probably late July and move in early August, but who knows. My entire firm knows I'm leaving and doesn't seem to mind as long as I find a suitable replacement - not too hard as my role in the firm isn't overly important.

tuxedocat

Silver

Post by tuxedocat » Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:04 pm

NoBladesNoBows wrote:
Hand wrote:Yeah it's the first one they are making a movie out of, so it needed to be branded in a way that does not make people dread having to first read 10 books for the backstory
Haha ok got it, I'll go order written then. Are they at all comparable to the Jack Reacher series?
How have TWO of my bookmarked threads devolved into Mitch Rapp discussion?? DAMMIT HAND

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Username123

Silver

Post by Username123 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:12 pm

I plan on quitting early July and moving soon after. When is a reasonable time to begin an attempt at securing a lease? I have NO clue how to find an apartment in another city, so maybe someone can offer advice as to how to go about this? PM me, if you'd prefer. Thanks!

tuxedocat

Silver

Post by tuxedocat » Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:15 pm

Uschoolqb10 wrote:I plan on quitting early July and moving soon after. When is a reasonable time to begin an attempt at securing a lease? I have NO clue how to find an apartment in another city, so maybe someone can offer advice as to how to go about this? PM me, if you'd prefer. Thanks!
I've lived in, um, a LOT of different cities and honestly it depends. But usually the optimal time is a month before (so if you want to move in August 1, look at the beginning of July). Some places you have to be more aggressive, especially if you're looking in a student-dominated area where everyone gets leases in May for the upcoming school year.

Dipper

Bronze

Post by Dipper » Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:16 pm

NoBladesNoBows wrote:
Dipper wrote:Last week. Life is good. 8)
Hahahaha awesome. What are your plans?
TLS megaposter status, obviously.

Hand

Gold

Post by Hand » Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:38 pm

tuxedocat wrote:
NoBladesNoBows wrote:
Hand wrote:Yeah it's the first one they are making a movie out of, so it needed to be branded in a way that does not make people dread having to first read 10 books for the backstory
Haha ok got it, I'll go order written then. Are they at all comparable to the Jack Reacher series?
How have TWO of my bookmarked threads devolved into Mitch Rapp discussion?? DAMMIT HAND
Sorry cat. And yeah it's somewhat comparable except Vince Flynn considers himself as somewhat of political commentator (in the Limbaugh vein, mind you) whereas Lee Child cares about absolutely nothing except pure bad-assery. It adds to the fun for me.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

NoBladesNoBows

Silver

Post by NoBladesNoBows » Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:25 pm

Last edited by NoBladesNoBows on Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

fisheatbananas

Bronze

Post by fisheatbananas » Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:32 pm

Uschoolqb10 wrote:I plan on quitting early July and moving soon after. When is a reasonable time to begin an attempt at securing a lease? I have NO clue how to find an apartment in another city, so maybe someone can offer advice as to how to go about this? PM me, if you'd prefer. Thanks!
Are you looking to find a new roommate or bringing people to live with you (family, s/o?)
It depends on the school but there are 0Ls as well as current students looking for roommates on the admitted students' facebook group, so maybe you could start there

fisheatbananas

Bronze

Post by fisheatbananas » Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:37 pm

NoBladesNoBows wrote:
fisheatbananas wrote:
NoBladesNoBows wrote:Next week...4 whole months of yolo
What are you doing in the 4 months of yolo haha
Just wondering because I thought about quitting in May but am leaning towards July since I don't even have set plans for the summer
Cleaning out all of my non-retirement accounts and travelling with periods of sitting on my ass interspersed. Also probably try to get in the habit of running, get rid of all my old crap, take care of any other things that I've been putting off since high school, maybe do some 0L and other miscellaneous reading, and find an apartment/move in. Also considering studying and retaking in June to see if I can get pulled off a higher up WL or get some more of dat cashe.

I was scared a while ago because I thought I would get bored with nothing to do for four months, but the more I thought about it the more I realized how fast it will fly by and and how much I will wish I had taken full advantage of it come 1L.
Sounds like a busy summer. Good luck with the LSAT if you decide to take it. I admire you because I'd never want to take it again, especially since you're already in at a top choice school... but I agree if there's a significant likelihood of getting better scholarships or admittance off WLs it's definitely worth a shot

kanthandleit

New

Post by kanthandleit » Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:31 am

I gave my final notice to my boss yesterday! I'll be out of here Friday, May 15, 2015 at 12:00PM.

On.the.dot. Maybe a little before.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

CaptainJapan

Bronze

Post by CaptainJapan » Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:45 am

kanthandleit wrote:I gave my final notice to my boss yesterday! I'll be out of here Friday, May 15, 2015 at 12:00PM.

On.the.dot. Maybe a little before.

Congrats. Can't wait for that day.

kanthandleit

New

Post by kanthandleit » Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:13 am

CaptainJapan wrote: Congrats. Can't wait for that day.
Thanks! I couldn't either. I was originally quitting in July/August but then awesomeness happened (fellowship opportunity/I have to move 2 months before I planned on doing so) in my email yesterday and I marched straight to his office.

OhBoyOhBortles

Gold

Post by OhBoyOhBortles » Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:19 am

That's awesome Kant! I can't wait to hear the stories from your final day!

kanthandleit

New

Post by kanthandleit » Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:24 am

Thanks so much! That fateful day will be here sooner than expected, but I'm so ready. Haha! :twisted: :D

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2018 Forum”