Themis July 2019 Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anon2468

New

Re: Themis July 2019

Post by Anon2468 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:53 pm

I passed NY with a 320+

Spent most of my time going through the mixed MC sets and quizbuilder sets. I always read the answer rationale after each question to learn & reinforce the rules. By the end I had done thousands of questions with 62% correct overall.

For the essays, I went through all the model answers to see how they structured their answers and memorized the most common BLL rules. I also bought the barbri mini-conviser/MEE essay book which I found to be very very helpful. I thought the themis outlines were not very good.

I found the graded MPT to be very helpful.

Skipped all of the videos. All the other misc. materials.

AussieAustin

New

Post by AussieAustin » Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:52 am

Anon2468 wrote:I passed NY with a 320+

Spent most of my time going through the mixed MC sets and quizbuilder sets. I always read the answer rationale after each question to learn & reinforce the rules. By the end I had done thousands of questions with 62% correct overall.

For the essays, I went through all the model answers to see how they structured their answers and memorized the most common BLL rules. I also bought the barbri mini-conviser/MEE essay book which I found to be very very helpful. I thought the themis outlines were not very good.

I found the graded MPT to be very helpful.

Skipped all of the videos. All the other misc. materials.
First time LLM taker here who did well over 75% of the course. Failed Texas by 1.5% (660). The weird thing is the subjects I did well on with Themis I seemed to have bombed on the real thing. Property was my best MBE subject according to percentiles but was my worse in practice. Torts was one of my best but I bombed that. Got 126 for MBE

catnamedcat

New

Post by catnamedcat » Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:07 pm

Passed Texas, first time taker.

I completed 94% of the course, but admittedly I was not very diligent about writing out the practice essays or reading the long outlines. I did around 2200 MBE questions with an average of 70% correct. I wrote out rule statements to help with memorization.

Practice MBE: 124
Final Practice Test: Took it but I can't remember how I did.
Actual MBE: 152.9

I definitely focused more on the MBE over the summer than on the essays. I was sweating it out over the past few months, worried that the essays would bring me down because they were more difficult than anticipated. But thankfully it turned out okay.

KissMyAxe

Bronze

Post by KissMyAxe » Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:17 pm

I passed the DC Bar exam! First of all, thank you to all the people who posted here because it was really helpful to me.

I just thought I'd post my results and what I did in relation to Themis. I completed 100% of the course. However, I didn't write out 80% of the essays (though I read all the sample answers). I also didn't time the essays I did do. I read the full outline for 2 of the subjects (maybe contracts and property), but didn't for any of the others (just marked them complete). I did about 2500 practice MBE questions and made a super short (~3-4 pages) attack outline with common black letter law tests that I memorized to throw down on essays. I did buy the critical pass flash cards. I read through them maybe 4-5 times each and used them to help make my attack outline. In the last two weeks, I did a ton of practice MBE questions targeting my lowest scoring areas of law (like personal jurisdiction in civ pro).

I hovered around 70% correct, though my weakest subject was like 65% and my strongest was near 90%.
On both the MBE practice tests, I tended to get around 120 or so; I got a 136 on the final test.
My graded essays tended to be bad. I never got a 6/6, I had a few 5/6s and three or four 2s or 3s/6s.
I was very comfortable with MPTs, and got a 5/6 on that practice graded test.

My actual score was a 168 on the MBE and a 172.9 on the MEE.

That was everything I could think of, but if I can be helpful, I'm happy to answer questions about my study process here or in PMs.

fan1430

New

Post by fan1430 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:56 am

I am coming back to this to say that I passed the UBE in DC. Found out a few days ago. My score was high enough that I can get admitted into any UBE jurisdiction. I just want to say if I can pass then you can too. I went to a T1 but graduated in the bottom 1/3 of my class.

Because of my poor law school performance, I was pretty determined to attack bar prep. I started a few weeks early. I truly believed this was the best decision I made. I did a few assignments a day and slowly built my stamina up instead of just going hard right at the beginning.

I completed 92 percent of Themis. I did almost every MBE question averaging 71%. I think I had around a 74% on the 200 question practice MBE and a 73% on the final 100 question practice MBE.

I did around 60 MEE essays under timed conditions. For essays I didn't write out, I would outline and have in the format I wanted for the bar. I did all the graded essays except for 1. I would routinely get a 4 or 5 as the score. I practiced a MPT every 2 weeks. For the writing portion of the bar exam, I felt pretty confident. Even if I didn't know some of the law, I knew how I would write an essay that the graders wouldn't mind reading.

Bar exam day: I ended up with a 158 on the MBE and a 140 on the MEE. (UBE Total Score = 298)

Thanks to everyone here. I enjoyed reading the comments. Good luck to everyone in Practice. If you didn't pass this time, don't worry keep your head up and you'll get it next time.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

LilAk

New

Post by LilAk » Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:54 pm

L'orDuCommun wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:07 pm
Anybody else hate Kendrick for Torts? She's not a good lecturer at all. It's the bar ffs, stop teaching lke you're in your 1L classroom and focus on the rules. I want Kramer back.
OMG I literally google searched to see if ANYONE else has posted this. I cannot STAND her lectures, even on 2x speed I still finish ahead of her. She gives so much unnecessary information - talking about the history of the law, the policy of it, and then explaining what each word (not element!) means. It's as if she is teaching a kindergarten class.

This is how she explains any rule:
"and when we're talking about automobile liability we're talking about those big metal things on 4 wheels, not the 2 wheeled ones, those are bicycles. So we have automobiles on this side and bicycles on this side. Back in the day they wanted to protect drivers of automobiles so they enacted this liability law. Overtime certain members of the community felt that it was not fair, so now the automobile liability is..."

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”