Strategies and Tactics = NCBE MBE? Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
KirbyKager

New

Strategies and Tactics = NCBE MBE?

Post by KirbyKager » Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:09 pm

I am a repeater and a converted self-studier after making the realization after my first bar attempt that I tend to daydream way too easily when in a classroom setting. I was looking for MBE practice questions and have looked at various options. I was thinking about ordering the sets released by the NCBE(1-5) on their website. But I thought I heard that the book Strategies and Tactics for the MBE by Kim Walton and the Second edition by Steven Emanuel were basically taken from those NCBE sets, so I was thinking about getting the books instead of shelling out 250$ for the sets from NCBE.

Could anyone confirm this?

PS. Anybody know anything about Blond's Multistate Bar Examination?

Thanks and happy studying!

lacrossebrother

Platinum

Re: Strategies and Tactics = NCBE MBE?

Post by lacrossebrother » Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:07 am

can confirm that emanuel's uses those official mbe quesions

iwantmybar

Bronze

Post by iwantmybar » Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:13 am

Why dont you subscribe to adaptibar? It costs $395 and it contains 1.700 reals questions. You can get a free trial as well I believe.

I personally bought the emmanuel book, it is a good quality book but honestly I only use it to target some specific areas where I feel weak (hello hearsay) but that's about it.

(pm get to get 50$ off on adaptibar )

UnfrozenCaveman

Bronze

Post by UnfrozenCaveman » Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:22 pm

iwantmybar wrote:Why dont you subscribe to adaptibar? It costs $395 and it contains 1.700 reals questions. You can get a free trial as well I believe.

I personally bought the emmanuel book, it is a good quality book but honestly I only use it to target some specific areas where I feel weak (hello hearsay) but that's about it.

(pm get to get 50$ off on adaptibar )
Because you can rent the book for less than $20? How much is the adaptibar referral fee for you?

Edit: just realized the combative tone of the last question. Not intended.

iwantmybar

Bronze

Post by iwantmybar » Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:40 pm

Referral gives me 50$. I'm not intending to deceive anyone here or to make some shady business.

The emmanuel book costs $50'ish (granted you can probably buy an used one for $30) but I have both adaptibar and that book. While the emmanuel book gives some good insights and detailed explanations, adaptibar is I think better in the way that it has over 1.700 questions, good explanations as well + some nice stats tools.

UnfrozenCaveman

Bronze

Post by UnfrozenCaveman » Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:44 pm

Got ya. Fair enough.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”