Is it just me or... Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
rinkrat19

Diamond

Re: Is it just me or...

Post by rinkrat19 » Sat May 23, 2015 1:12 pm

I did not enjoy the first essay workshop yesterday, but then I discovered the thread that says if you do decently on the MBE, you can do really shitty on the essays and still easily pass (assuming your state counts the MBE for 50% or more). Heartening. I much prefer multiple choice.

orangecup

Bronze

Post by orangecup » Sat May 23, 2015 1:22 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:I did not enjoy the first essay workshop yesterday, but then I discovered the thread that says if you do decently on the MBE, you can do really shitty on the essays and still easily pass (assuming your state counts the MBE for 50% or more). Heartening. I much prefer multiple choice.
Are you taking it in IL?

rinkrat19

Diamond

Post by rinkrat19 » Sat May 23, 2015 1:28 pm

orangecup wrote:
rinkrat19 wrote:I did not enjoy the first essay workshop yesterday, but then I discovered the thread that says if you do decently on the MBE, you can do really shitty on the essays and still easily pass (assuming your state counts the MBE for 50% or more). Heartening. I much prefer multiple choice.
Are you taking it in IL?
Orygun.

envisciguy

Bronze

Post by envisciguy » Sat May 23, 2015 7:54 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:
mr.hands wrote:Right now, I've done all of my assignments without coming close to 8 hours. What are you people doing right now?

Barbri has me watching a 4 hr video and doing 1 hour of review. Am I missing something?

(I say this as someone who did 12 hours or prep before the class started)
12 hours of prep before the entire course, or before your first day lecture?

Just looking at the Barbri assignments for my first day, ConLaw I:

Prep for class (read Conviser outline & look things up in big outline book) - 4 hours (I spent more like 3 hours)
ConLaw I lecture - 3.5 hours (2.8 hrs at 1.25x speed)
Review lecture notes - 1 hour (took .5 hours).

So Barbri had 8.5 hours assigned yesterday. I took more like 6.3 hours.
4 hours for ConLaw I? Mine only says 2 hours of prep...am I missing something or is it different by state? (Edit: I should note that my ConLaw I wasn't the first day of class)

Also, how much are we supposed to use those big outlines? It takes me pretty much the whole time just to get through the Conviser outline.

mushybrain

Bronze

Post by mushybrain » Sat May 23, 2015 7:57 pm

Also, how much are we supposed to use those big outlines? It takes me pretty much the whole time just to get through the Conviser outline.
From what I've found on here, they're mostly a waste of time and not worth going through unless you're confused on a specific point and want to look it up.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

rinkrat19

Diamond

Post by rinkrat19 » Sun May 24, 2015 12:12 am

Is there a BarBri hangout/support thread?

History_Buff

Diamond

Post by History_Buff » Sun May 24, 2015 2:43 am

rinkrat19 wrote:Is there a BarBri hangout/support thread?
Don't think so. Make it happen.

rinkrat19

Diamond

Post by rinkrat19 » Sun May 24, 2015 3:33 am

History_Buff wrote:
Me creating a thread does not generally bode well for its success.

Danger Zone

Platinum

Post by Danger Zone » Thu May 28, 2015 10:42 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:
History_Buff wrote:
Me creating a thread does not generally bode well for its success.
There's already one

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

blsingindisguise

Silver

Post by blsingindisguise » Thu May 28, 2015 10:50 pm

All of the advice in this thread is useless, because no one knows how much studying they actually would have needed to pass, they only know how much they actually did and whether they passed. That said, I passed, pretty good score IIRC, and came nowhere close to the Barb-o-meter's recommended study. But I did work pretty consistently every day, probably somewhere between 4 and 6 hours on typical days, with much greater time/intensity toward the end.

mr.hands

Silver

Post by mr.hands » Thu May 28, 2015 10:57 pm

blsingindisguise wrote:All of the advice in this thread is useless, because no one knows how much studying they actually would have needed to pass, they only know how much they actually did and whether they passed. That said, I passed, pretty good score IIRC, and came nowhere close to the Barb-o-meter's recommended study. But I did work pretty consistently every day, probably somewhere between 4 and 6 hours on typical days, with much greater time/intensity toward the end.
That seems reasonable and is actually comforting. Is it 4-6 hours including the daily class video? What state?

myrtlewinston

Bronze

Post by myrtlewinston » Thu May 28, 2015 11:02 pm

The schedule allocates 1 hour to review the day's lecture. That's not enough time to outline or make flashcards (for me at least). Any suggestions has to when to do so?

blsingindisguise

Silver

Post by blsingindisguise » Thu May 28, 2015 11:28 pm

mr.hands wrote:
blsingindisguise wrote:All of the advice in this thread is useless, because no one knows how much studying they actually would have needed to pass, they only know how much they actually did and whether they passed. That said, I passed, pretty good score IIRC, and came nowhere close to the Barb-o-meter's recommended study. But I did work pretty consistently every day, probably somewhere between 4 and 6 hours on typical days, with much greater time/intensity toward the end.
That seems reasonable and is actually comforting. Is it 4-6 hours including the daily class video? What state?
Actually now that I think about it, it was a little more than that, because I attended the live lectures (I took a job as a class monitor or something for a discount), which were like 4 hours each including the break I think, and then I'd probably do another 3-4 hrs on my own on an average day. But I definitely wasn't killing myself -- worked out almost every day, went out a lot, enjoyed weekends, etc.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”