Emanuel MBE 5th Edition 200 Questions Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
LSAT Taker

Bronze

Emanuel MBE 5th Edition 200 Questions

Post by LSAT Taker » Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:37 pm

136/200. I wonder if anyone has tried this, and if so, whether there is any consensus as to the passable score for it.

LAWYER2

Silver

Re: Emanuel MBE 5th Edition 200 Questions

Post by LAWYER2 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:35 pm

I have it, but have not taken the 200 question set yet. From the problems given in the individual sections, they seem to be hit or miss with regards to being harder or easier than the practice questions I've been doing with Kaplan/Barbri.
Seems like you're right near the 70% mark, which is average and more importanly, passing on the actual MBE.

LSAT Taker

Bronze

Post by LSAT Taker » Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:09 pm

LAWYER2 wrote:I have it, but have not taken the 200 question set yet. From the problems given in the individual sections, they seem to be hit or miss with regards to being harder or easier than the practice questions I've been doing with Kaplan/Barbri.
Seems like you're right near the 70% mark, which is average and more importanly, passing on the actual MBE.
Thanks for your input. If you haven't taken it, I recommend that you try it sooner than later. I had anticipated that the real MBE questions would be easier/simpler/shorter before I actually took on the 200 Qs, but I cannot say now that those are demonstrably shorter or easier than the Barbri questions (although they may be simpler). My take is that the real MBE questions (on Emanuel) are VERY tricky. What I can say for sure is that the Emanuel questions are DIFFERENT from the Barbri ones (although the Barbri Mixed Sets are at least partially from the real MBE). If you ever try them, please let me know how you felt.

lalala21

Bronze

Post by lalala21 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:22 pm

I was going to try to take half of this exam. It is really challenging to balance MBE stuff with essay stuff at this point.

jd20132013

Silver

Post by jd20132013 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:32 pm

LSAT Taker wrote:
LAWYER2 wrote:I have it, but have not taken the 200 question set yet. From the problems given in the individual sections, they seem to be hit or miss with regards to being harder or easier than the practice questions I've been doing with Kaplan/Barbri.
Thanks for your input. If you haven't taken it, I recommend that you try it sooner than later. I had anticipated that the real MBE questions would be easier/simpler/shorter before I actually took on the 200 Qs, but I cannot say now that those are demonstrably shorter or easier than the Barbri questions (although they may be simpler). My take is that the real MBE questions (on Emanuel) are VERY tricky. What I can say for sure is that the Emanuel questions are DIFFERENT from the Barbri ones (although the Barbri Mixed Sets are at least partially from the real MBE). If you ever try them, please let me know how you felt.

couldn't agree more. i would advise everyone to do at least 100 real mbe questions before the test.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

lalala21

Bronze

Post by lalala21 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:12 pm

jd20132013 wrote:
LSAT Taker wrote:

couldn't agree more. i would advise everyone to do at least 100 real mbe questions before the test.
do you mean the older ones from the ncbe website or barbri mixed sets?

Grapes

New

Post by Grapes » Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:23 pm

136 is definitely passable. Remember the bar examiners add points to your raw score.

In February i used S&T for MBE prep and scored a high 160s on the practice MBE. and then got a 159 on the real thing.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”