July 2014 New York Bar Exam Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
turquoiseturtle

Bronze

Re: July 2014 New York Bar Exam

Post by turquoiseturtle » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:18 pm

pizzasodafries wrote:Same but for some reason I used "In this case" instead of "here"
Sometimes if I was feeling wild and crazy I said "in this case" too. Or maybe "thus" instead of "therefore."

pizzasodafries

Bronze

Post by pizzasodafries » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:20 pm

PizzaTime
Last edited by pizzasodafries on Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

turquoiseturtle

Bronze

Post by turquoiseturtle » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:31 pm

pizzasodafries wrote: This is how I finish off an MPT!!!
This is probably too much detail about a specific bar question....

PennBull

Diamond

Post by PennBull » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:32 pm

turquoiseturtle wrote:
was literally writing the same thing

aye bro you should probably edit all of that out

pizzasodafries

Bronze

Post by pizzasodafries » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:36 pm

PennBull wrote:
turquoiseturtle wrote:

Done, nothing really shared that was vital but I understand

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

kapital98

Silver

Post by kapital98 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:38 pm

PIZZATIME!

JenDarby

Diamond

Post by JenDarby » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:45 pm

turquoiseturtle wrote:
pizzasodafries wrote:Same but for some reason I used "In this case" instead of "here"
Sometimes if I was feeling wild and crazy I said "in this case" too. Or maybe "thus" instead of "therefore."
:lol: I used all of these today because a Kaplan grader said I sounded like a robot repeatedly using the same IRAC words.

turquoiseturtle

Bronze

Post by turquoiseturtle » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:47 pm

pizzasodafries wrote:
PennBull wrote:
turquoiseturtle wrote:

Done, nothing really shared that was vital but I understand
Its funny too, since I understand how they don't want us to discuss MBE questions (not that I could memorize them well enough anyway) since they don't release those. But a couple months from now they'll release all those essays we just read anyway. Who cares if we discuss them online today? No one is writing NY essays tomorrow. (thank god)

pizzasodafries

Bronze

Post by pizzasodafries » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:51 pm

yeah some people are sticklers to the rules, saw some people talking about general unhappiness with certain essay questions on the way out to lunch and some dude was yelling at them to immediately stop talking about the exam since it was prohibited. This wasn't a proctor but a fellow test taker.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

shock259

Gold

Post by shock259 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:55 pm

Personally, I don't want to talk about specifics because it'll only lead to me second guessing what I wrote. I intentionally did not look up the BLL for the exam questions because it doesn't matter and I can't change it now. Nervous chatter doesn't do anyone any good. I had two people behind me today that would not shut up during lunch and after the exam about specific issues and things they wrote. It was terrible.

That said, that MC was hilarious.

turquoiseturtle

Bronze

Post by turquoiseturtle » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:56 pm

shock259 wrote:Personally, I don't want to talk about specifics because it'll only lead to me second guessing what I wrote. I intentionally did not look up the BLL for the exam questions because it doesn't matter and I can't change it now. Nervous chatter doesn't do anyone any good. I had two people behind me today that would not shut up during lunch and after the exam about specific issues and things they wrote. It was terrible.
Agree with you in concept, and I definitely tried to avoid talking in front of people. But even though I know its a bad idea and doesn't help anything now since its all over with, its hard to help yourself!
pizzasodafries wrote:yeah some people are sticklers to the rules, saw some people talking about general unhappiness with certain essay questions on the way out to lunch and some dude was yelling at them to immediately stop talking about the exam since it was prohibited. This wasn't a proctor but a fellow test taker.
They are insane to think that people did not sit around and discuss specifics with friends afterwards. Especially when there were questions like essay 4, where some of the subparts, not only did I not know what the law was, but I'd never even heard of this as a concept/thing. Definitely not mentioned in the lecture. Couldn't find it in the CMR either (I know, I know. It's bad to look things up afterwards. I was just curious).

alphagamma

Bronze

Post by alphagamma » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:15 pm

turquoiseturtle wrote:
shock259 wrote:Personally, I don't want to talk about specifics because it'll only lead to me second guessing what I wrote. I intentionally did not look up the BLL for the exam questions because it doesn't matter and I can't change it now. Nervous chatter doesn't do anyone any good. I had two people behind me today that would not shut up during lunch and after the exam about specific issues and things they wrote. It was terrible.
Agree with you in concept, and I definitely tried to avoid talking in front of people. But even though I know its a bad idea and doesn't help anything now since its all over with, its hard to help yourself!
pizzasodafries wrote:yeah some people are sticklers to the rules, saw some people talking about general unhappiness with certain essay questions on the way out to lunch and some dude was yelling at them to immediately stop talking about the exam since it was prohibited. This wasn't a proctor but a fellow test taker.
They are insane to think that people did not sit around and discuss specifics with friends afterwards. Especially when there were questions like essay 4, where some of the subparts, not only did I not know what the law was, but I'd never even heard of this as a concept/thing. Definitely not mentioned in the lecture. Couldn't find it in the CMR either (I know, I know. It's bad to look things up afterwards. I was just curious).
I cannot get over that question. Somewhere, an exam writer is laughing hysterically. I wouldn't be surprised if he/she made the whole thing up as an experiment just to see what the answers would look like.

cmsperber

New

Post by cmsperber » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:23 pm

I'm in Colorado and have been trying to upload since about 6pm (now 9:20). Can't automatically or manually upload. No response from CrapSoft. Hotel thought maybe it was their internet overwhelmed, but I can get on other websites just fine. This is so unnecessary. I think I have a lawsuit here.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Guchster

Silver

Post by Guchster » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:26 pm

That said, that MC was hilarious.
I'm (usually) a pretty polite person IRL and I don't like to bother and impose on people. But today after lunch when I was trapped at my desk waiting for the afternoon to start some people were talking about Essays 1-3 behind me (who didn't even sit near me, nor were they talking to anyone around them--they just chose to stop in the area behind me for no particular reason--probably meeting in the middle of where they respectively sat, and I turned around and politely told them that they were making me really stressed and if they would mind not talking about the test (SORRY IF THAT WAS ONE OF YOU BUT I WAS ABOUT TO HAVE A SEIZURE... BECAUSE YOU WERE A LITTLE ANNOYING AND BY A LITTLE ANNOYING I MEAN YOU WERE ANNOYING THE FUCK OUT OF ME).

I usually just get up and move somewhere myself or try to ignore them but I'd fucking had it at that point. Sorry bout it.

Guchster

Silver

Post by Guchster » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:30 pm

Also if you, the girl who brought fucking sriracha at my table (to eat with your strange rice/vegetable medley in the middle of the afternoon) reads TLS don't bring it tomorrow. I will buy you two months of it, or will report you for being a nuisance.

I'M ON THE EDGE PEOPLE :twisted:

JenDarby

Diamond

Post by JenDarby » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:32 pm

Two girls sitting near me never stopped talking anytime we were allowed to (or not chastised for) talking. The spoke rapidly and in high pitched voices about all kinds of obnoxious things such as "can you believe they MESSED UP MY AWARDS AT GRADUATION. I wasn't going to say anything and like I wasn't really mad but my brother made me realize I should be mad and it's really ridiculous. I mean I paid them and worked for this degree and they can't even get my awards right when they announce me."

I hope they read this and stop. I got up and left my seat just to get away from them. They kept doing that thing where people wrongly assume what they have to say is interesting and speak pointedly loud so people around can hear.
Last edited by JenDarby on Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shock259

Gold

Post by shock259 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:41 pm

:P

Glad everyone else hates the people around them too :lol:

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

greenjuice

New

Post by greenjuice » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:50 pm

Guchster wrote:Also if you, the girl who brought fucking sriracha at my table (to eat with your strange rice/vegetable medley in the middle of the afternoon) reads TLS don't bring it tomorrow. I will buy you two months of it, or will report you for being a nuisance.

Substantial, unreasonable interference with use or enjoyment amirite :mrgreen: Haha sorry couldn't resist. I actually feel pretty :evil: :evil: inside over this whole ExamSoft fiasco though...

JenDarby

Diamond

Post by JenDarby » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:52 pm

greenjuice wrote:
Guchster wrote:Also if you, the girl who brought fucking sriracha at my table (to eat with your strange rice/vegetable medley in the middle of the afternoon) reads TLS don't bring it tomorrow. I will buy you two months of it, or will report you for being a nuisance.

Substantial, unreasonable interference with use or enjoyment amirite :mrgreen: Haha sorry couldn't resist. I actually feel pretty :evil: :evil: inside over this whole ExamSoft fiasco though...
I guess this is one of those rare times where it's good I cannot bring myself to do these things until the last minute. I never for a second even considered uploading today lol.

thissideofsteinway

New

Post by thissideofsteinway » Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:03 am

pizzasodafries wrote:
frankc wrote:Deets on that girl who passed out in room C????
Fo real?

Didn't hear any commotions
There was some slight loud noises at one point, as if someone knocked over a chair - but like everyone else, I tuned it out. Hope all is well now.

rivkah

New

Post by rivkah » Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:02 am

Let's all take a moment and remember the group of parents waiting outside the Bar doors at lunch and again at the end. Seriously. Your kid might (but seriously doubtful ATM) become a lawyer today and you're literally HOVERING at the door where thousands of their colleagues and classmates will be coming out, seeing your pathetic ass, and judging your kids? Are you also bringing them a snackpak for their upcoming deposition?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

TR Fan

New

Post by TR Fan » Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:36 am

rivkah wrote:Let's all take a moment and remember the group of parents waiting outside the Bar doors at lunch and again at the end. Seriously. Your kid might (but seriously doubtful ATM) become a lawyer today and you're literally HOVERING at the door where thousands of their colleagues and classmates will be coming out, seeing your pathetic ass, and judging your kids? Are you also bringing them a snackpak for their upcoming deposition?
Parents may be here for logistical, not sentimental, reasons. One friend of mine is here with her parents because she is moving to a new city the night after the bar; without her parents' help she wouldn't have been able to pack her things in time to leave her apartment before her lease is up (a hazard of holding the bar at the end of July).

PennBull

Diamond

Post by PennBull » Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:14 am

TR Fan wrote:
rivkah wrote:Let's all take a moment and remember the group of parents waiting outside the Bar doors at lunch and again at the end. Seriously. Your kid might (but seriously doubtful ATM) become a lawyer today and you're literally HOVERING at the door where thousands of their colleagues and classmates will be coming out, seeing your pathetic ass, and judging your kids? Are you also bringing them a snackpak for their upcoming deposition?
Parents may be here for logistical, not sentimental, reasons. One friend of mine is here with her parents because she is moving to a new city the night after the bar; without her parents' help she wouldn't have been able to pack her things in time to leave her apartment before her lease is up (a hazard of holding the bar at the end of July).
doesn't require her to be there at lunch

JenDarby

Diamond

Post by JenDarby » Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:20 am

PennBull wrote:
TR Fan wrote:
doesn't require her to be there at lunch
Agreed. Though at Javitz by the time they let us out you had about 40 minutes to get lunch, eat it, attempt to use a restroom and be back in your seat. Those people who didn't pre-order food probably wished their mom was sitting outside with some delicious treats.

If anyone is struggling with uploading still, I opened my computer and it uploaded on it's own in about 2 seconds.

peanut123

New

Post by peanut123 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:56 pm

This is a little harsh. Why does anyone care who came to hang out with bar-takers at lunch, and why does that make it "seriously doubtful" that they'll become a lawyer? I had a friend meet me and it was great to talk to someone who wasn't in zombie mode. I'd have loved to see my parents as well. It's a stressful experience and anything that makes it slightly more bearable is not something I'd judge.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”