Do law school applications ask to specify between paid and unpaid internships for We Forum

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
lawschoolsplit2023

New

Do law school applications ask to specify between paid and unpaid internships for We

Post by lawschoolsplit2023 » Wed Jul 19, 2023 12:12 pm

I graduated from undergrad 4 years ago in 2019. My LSAT is 178 and law school computed gpa is 2.7, though the transcript gpa was 3.5. I have a compelling reason for the gpa, due to battling cancer.

I want to beef up my work experience as much as possible and have fairly solid WE since graduating. However, there was one year where in addition to work full time after graduating, I did 5 non paid internships in one year.

When I apply to law school Fall 2024, would I be in my rights to include the batch of non paid internships on my resume. Also, when I apply to single law schools and they inquire work history can I include those? Do they inquire if each position was paid or unpaid?

Serjatclaw

New

Re: Do law school applications ask to specify between paid and unpaid internships for We

Post by Serjatclaw » Sat Jul 22, 2023 6:59 pm

I responded to your other post re: your GPA, so I'm going to just address the internship thing: they don't really care too much about internships in general, unless it was something really prestigious or unique. Paid or unpaid makes no difference.

Your resume should include all experience: work, internships, volunteering. There's no reason to exclude anything unless it's redundant or outdated. My only concern is why you didn't simply stick with one or two internships during that one year: did you complete each position, or was there a reason you had to jump to different internships? It doesn't really matter, but to me at least that seems kind of excessive.

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”