can someone help me with a legal question? Forum

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
savannah77

New

can someone help me with a legal question?

Post by savannah77 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:43 pm

hi I'm savannah!
I don't go to law school, but I did just graduate college and I need some money for my small business loan.

my question is: Is it legal to sell used underwear online through you own website or through another website? For example: reddit.com and pantydeal.com

I know there was a girl in south Carolina who was arrested for selling her underwear on her own website. She was arrested under a few obscenity laws.

I need some fast cash and I'm not excited about doing this but if it would mean starting my business faster I'm down lol.

can some students on here please do as much research as you can and btw I live in North Dakota if that helps. most people doing this aren't getting arrested.

thanks

Platopus

Gold

Re: can someone help me with a legal question?

Post by Platopus » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:09 pm

In before the mods lock this. Probably one of the best first posts in TLS history. Congrats.

BlendedUnicorn

Platinum

Re: can someone help me with a legal question?

Post by BlendedUnicorn » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:13 pm

yeah...sorry we can't help you with this. I'm sure ACLU would have thoughts about your friends case though.

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”