0L's, what are you doing the summer before law school? Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2017)
Caesar Salad

Diamond

Re: 0L's, what are you doing the summer before law school?

Post by Caesar Salad » Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:29 am

TheMostDangerousLG wrote:Getting turned up and burning shit down.
TITCR

cotiger

Gold

Post by cotiger » Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:33 am

By which I mean I'll be working until about a month out from school, and then taking time off to just chill at home. I'd also love to travel to Europe at some point, but I don't know if that will be financially viable.
Central America is cheap and easy.

thechancellor

Silver

Post by thechancellor » Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:37 am

barrelofmonkeys wrote:
cotiger wrote:
alex.cm wrote:I'm likely starting at the end of May, so I'm working till the start of the month, going out west to go backpacking with some friends, visiting another friend up in the Adirondacks, and then mooooving. I'll have about 3 weeks between quitting my job and starting orientation.
Where're you going camping?
And can I come?
Going to Canyonlands in Utah! Cannot wait. 52 days! BoM, consider this your official invitation. one of my friends is even a tall man...

barrelofmonkeys

Gold

Post by barrelofmonkeys » Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:37 am

alex.cm wrote:
barrelofmonkeys wrote:
cotiger wrote:
alex.cm wrote:I'm likely starting at the end of May, so I'm working till the start of the month, going out west to go backpacking with some friends, visiting another friend up in the Adirondacks, and then mooooving. I'll have about 3 weeks between quitting my job and starting orientation.
And can I come?
Going to Canyonlands in Utah! Cannot wait. 52 days! BoM, consider this your official invitation. one of my friends is even a tall man...
:shock:
:D

cotiger

Gold

Post by cotiger » Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:39 am

alex.cm wrote:
barrelofmonkeys wrote:
cotiger wrote:
And can I come?
Niiiiiice

Fucking love Utah

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Theopliske8711

Gold

Post by Theopliske8711 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:39 am

cotiger wrote:

By which I mean I'll be working until about a month out from school, and then taking time off to just chill at home. I'd also love to travel to Europe at some point, but I don't know if that will be financially viable.
Southeast Asia is also credited. Outside of the plane ticket, the area is cheap as fuck. Though, watch for the heat.

cotiger

Gold

Post by cotiger » Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:41 am

Theopliske8711 wrote:
cotiger wrote:

Southeast Asia is also credited. Outside of the plane ticket, the area is cheap as fuck. Though, watch for the heat.
That's the kicker. Wouldn't wanna do it if I just had like three weeks.

thechancellor

Silver

Post by thechancellor » Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:42 am

cotiger wrote:
alex.cm wrote:
cotiger wrote:
Niiiiiice

Fucking love Utah
I've only ever been for skiing (which, don't get me wrong, is fucking fantastic) so I'm excited to see it not covered in snow! Also, backpacking is the best excuse in the world to get all grimy and sweaty and feral.

krispymenudo

Bronze

Post by krispymenudo » Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:50 pm

Theopliske8711 wrote:Working till May, month long trip to Europe in June, start planning the move for whatever school I'm going to be at in July.

I'll be traveling to Europe for a month a couple days after I graduate as well!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

dreamerchic19

Bronze

Post by dreamerchic19 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:53 pm

will work until I'm tired of it... will take a vacation somewhere

Will be in the gym really hard this spring/summer as well

Spending some down time just having fun and relaxing a bit

dreamerchic19

Bronze

Post by dreamerchic19 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:54 pm

chizzy wrote:
KatyMarie wrote:Am I the only one who planned to work up until two weeks before law school starts? Is that a really bad idea? I figured it can't take me that long to move and settle in.
i was thinking of doing this too but im afraid i might burn out. im trying to enjoy myself as much as possible before it starts.

+ 1

having a mental and physical break would be nice

rutgers17

Bronze

Post by rutgers17 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:58 am

as of about an hour ago, I'm going to the World Cup! :D So so so excited! Great time to get some traveling in before we have no time.

Colonel_funkadunk

Gold

Post by Colonel_funkadunk » Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:18 am

KatyMarie wrote:Am I the only one who planned to work up until two weeks before law school starts? Is that a really bad idea? I figured it can't take me that long to move and settle in.
That's not a bad idea, especially if you have child support commitments.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Chekhov'sGun

Bronze

Post by Chekhov'sGun » Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:31 am

dreamerchic19 wrote:
chizzy wrote:
i was thinking of doing this too but im afraid i might burn out. im trying to enjoy myself as much as possible before it starts.

+ 1

I've already started to check out of my job mentally and build my "drawer full of files to be dealt with by the next guy". Work has become much more enjoyable.

meb1212

Bronze

Post by meb1212 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:35 am

Chekhov'sGun wrote:
dreamerchic19 wrote:
chizzy wrote:

+ 1

I've already started to check out of my job mentally and build my "drawer full of files to be dealt with by the next guy". Work has become much more enjoyable.

^^^This!

BillPackets

Gold

Post by BillPackets » Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:37 am

Colonel_funkadunk wrote:
CS in law school is really NBD.

thechancellor

Silver

Post by thechancellor » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:00 am

Chekhov'sGun wrote:
dreamerchic19 wrote:
chizzy wrote:

+ 1

my replacement starts on Monday! Going to be even more checked out after that...

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

francesfarmer

Silver

Post by francesfarmer » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:11 am

Going to Mexico for a few weeks and then sailing off the coast of Washington state. Only 3.5 months left of work. Sooooo checked out. Literally in a meeting right now.

ParisetMoi

New

Post by ParisetMoi » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:50 am

rutgers17 wrote:as of about an hour ago, I'm going to the World Cup! :D So so so excited! Great time to get some traveling in before we have no time.
Lucky you!!!

thestatusguo

Bronze

Post by thestatusguo » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:59 am

Europe!! Traveling with people who matter to me and doing as much as I can to try not to think about the gabillion waitlists I may presumably be doomed for :P

Actually maybe a tls does Europe summer thread would be pretty cool. :D I will actually be with another TLSer during my European travels anyhow :P

thechancellor

Silver

Post by thechancellor » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:06 am

thestatusguo wrote:Europe!! Traveling with people who matter to me and doing as much as I can to try not to think about the gabillion waitlists I may presumably be doomed for :P

Actually maybe a tls does Europe summer thread would be pretty cool. :D I will actually be with another TLSer during my European travels anyhow :P
What cities/countries/regions in Europe are you aiming to hit?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

dreamerchic19

Bronze

Post by dreamerchic19 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:32 pm

Chekhov'sGun wrote:
dreamerchic19 wrote:
chizzy wrote:

+ 1

+1 I'm so anticipating leaving this place!!! will thoroughly enjoy handing work over :lol:

dreamerchic19

Bronze

Post by dreamerchic19 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:33 pm

francesfarmer wrote:Going to Mexico for a few weeks and then sailing off the coast of Washington state. Only 3.5 months left of work. Sooooo checked out. Literally in a meeting right now.

LUCKY you! Have fun!!

Colonel_funkadunk

Gold

Post by Colonel_funkadunk » Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:37 pm

BillPackets wrote:
Colonel_funkadunk wrote:
CS in law school is really NBD.
NBD at all

Slytherpuff

Platinum

Post by Slytherpuff » Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:05 pm

thestatusguo wrote:Europe!! Traveling with people who matter to me and doing as much as I can to try not to think about the gabillion waitlists I may presumably be doomed for :P

I'm doing Europe as well. This thread needs to happen!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2017 Forum”