Emory C/O 2017 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2017)
apples89

New

Re: Emory C/O 2017

Post by apples89 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:48 pm

hey if any of yall are needing housing, i'm currently working at emory and should have some space available just 4 miles from campus, because it looks like i wont be going to emory for law school :P

i've also been in the area for the past 3-4 years, shoot me a pm if you have any questions.

I also don't recommend campus crossings unless you like having to pay extra $$$ for parking (as horrific as traffic is, you need a car in atlanta), having constant internet outages, and taking an hour to come back home in a cramped and hot shuttle because of the retarded routes.

KatyMarie

Silver

Post by KatyMarie » Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:36 pm

Withdrawn. Guess I'm officially moving out of ATL for law school. :P

chuckbass

Platinum

Post by chuckbass » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:53 pm

Hey everyone, congrats on your accomplishments this cycle! Once you've decided on a school, make your way over to the TLS Class of 2017 thread http://top-law-schools.com/forums/viewt ... 8&t=227952 to let everyone know where you're going.

njdevils2626

Silver

Post by njdevils2626 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:32 pm

So, after depositing, I went to go get my Emory Net ID and password and stuff. I successfully logged in and changed my password, but now I completely forget my ID. I can't seem to find the email confirmation, though I think there was one. Any idea how I can retrieve this info?

LawGirl7

New

Post by LawGirl7 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:32 pm

njdevils2626 wrote:So, after depositing, I went to go get my Emory Net ID and password and stuff. I successfully logged in and changed my password, but now I completely forget my ID. I can't seem to find the email confirmation, though I think there was one. Any idea how I can retrieve this info?
How do you get an Emory Net ID? I don't see anything about it in my emails from them.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

pauly_biegler

Bronze

Post by pauly_biegler » Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:12 pm

I ended up grabbing a place at campus crossings...seems like the most convenient spot and looks really nice despite a few people having told me it's a bit shoddier. we'll see how it goes. anyone else staying there?

wsparker

Bronze

Post by wsparker » Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:47 pm

LawGirl7 wrote:
njdevils2626 wrote:So, after depositing, I went to go get my Emory Net ID and password and stuff. I successfully logged in and changed my password, but now I completely forget my ID. I can't seem to find the email confirmation, though I think there was one. Any idea how I can retrieve this info?
How do you get an Emory Net ID? I don't see anything about it in my emails from them.
if you go on OPUS, it asks you for some info (like birthday and SSN i think) and then it should give you one. I hope that helps!

wsparker

Bronze

Post by wsparker » Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:49 pm

pauly_biegler wrote:I ended up grabbing a place at campus crossings...seems like the most convenient spot and looks really nice despite a few people having told me it's a bit shoddier. we'll see how it goes. anyone else staying there?
Not staying there, but finally secured a place! Feels good to have that done! Now on to the moving process since the best place I could find had a move in date of May 1 :shock:

DawgDays

New

Post by DawgDays » Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:44 am

Hey folks, admitted student and definite attendee here. I originally had living arrangements...but...now I don't! Anyway, I'm looking to live in Midtown, and I'd prefer not to have turn to Craigslist. If anyone is interested, please PM me, and we can potentially exchange social media information and all of that.

Congrats to everyone for their acceptances!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

copperboom22

New

Post by copperboom22 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:03 pm

Last edited by copperboom22 on Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wsparker

Bronze

Post by wsparker » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:38 am

Hey! Congrats on the internship!

I would say it doesn't hurt to email them, but don't get your hopes up.

Good luck!

Kanye West

Bronze

Post by Kanye West » Mon May 05, 2014 1:31 pm

Grabbed a 2/2 in Clifton if anyone one is looking for living arrangements. It'll be $600 before utilities, but it has a laundry machine, and it's pretty spacious. MY cat is included as a bonus. Also, pretty close to campus.

Gator 2l

New

Post by Gator 2l » Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:07 pm

Hi Everyone!

I am a current student at Emory Law looking for a roommate. I rented a 2 bedroom 1 bathroom apartment in Clairmont Reserve across from the Clairmont Campus and I am looking for someone to rent one unfurnished room to. The layout of the apartment is pretty awesome because the only part of the bathroom that is shared is the toilet and the shower; each person has an individual sink/cabinet room independent from the other. The apartment has a full kitchen which is shared as well, washer and dryer, heating and A/C.

I am looking for someone who is very mature, quiet, clean, and organized. I am currently in Miami interning for the Summer, but the apartment will be available starting Aug 18. The monthly rent is going to be $650 plus $100 for all utilities. (Cable, Electric, & Water). Send me a message if you are interested and we can go from there.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Kanye West

Bronze

Post by Kanye West » Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:09 pm

Gator 2l wrote:Hi Everyone!

I am a current student at Emory Law looking for a roommate. I rented a 2 bedroom 1 bathroom apartment in Clairmont Reserve across from the Clairmont Campus and I am looking for someone to rent one unfurnished room to. The layout of the apartment is pretty awesome because the only part of the bathroom that is shared is the toilet and the shower; each person has an individual sink/cabinet room independent from the other. The apartment has a full kitchen which is shared as well, washer and dryer, heating and A/C.

I am looking for someone who is very mature, quiet, clean, and organized. I am currently in Miami interning for the Summer, but the apartment will be available starting Aug 18. The monthly rent is going to be $650 plus $100 for all utilities. (Cable, Electric, & Water). Send me a message if you are interested and we can go from there.
Since Orientation starts on Aug. 11th, I doubt you'd find a roommate here (1L forum). Just throwing that out there for ya for a fellow Miamian. If you've never been here before, prepare for riots on the streets when the Heat win. And don't be alarmed when you see everyone banging together pots and pans; it's just the custom.

Gator 2l

New

Post by Gator 2l » Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:31 am

Gator 2l wrote:Hi Everyone!

Yeah, worth a shot though. It's a place worth paying a hotel for a week haha. And I am from Miami so I actually have my pots and pans ready should we win again!! Thanks for the concern though, it could be wild down here for people from the real USA

itachiuchiha

Silver

Post by itachiuchiha » Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:59 pm

Got a brand new (new everything) 1/1 next to North Dekalb Mall for $710/month including water in a community that will be gated soon. Emory has a running shuttle that is free to the mall and back saving me on parking. Best of all: NO ROOMMATES!

Where are you guys living?

Kanye West

Bronze

Post by Kanye West » Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:35 am

*buries pots and pans*

Trump Towers @ Campus Crossings. How're you getting to Emory, driving or flying over?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

itachiuchiha

Silver

Post by itachiuchiha » Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:20 pm

Kanye West wrote:*buries pots and pans*

Trump Towers @ Campus Crossings. How're you getting to Emory, driving or flying over?
If you're talking to me... then I am driving from South Florida. It's a 10 hour drive up the turnpike then I-75.

copperboom22

New

Post by copperboom22 » Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:22 pm

I don't know if anybody is even still posting in here but I don't feel like posting this in the facebook group so I guess its worth a shot.

So financial aid for fall was supposed to disburse on August 8 (yesterday). I'm just talking scholarship and stafford loan. On opus, my scholarship and stafford loans for fall and spring used to show up in "anticipated aid." Opus also says that the money is disbursed to student accounts overnight on the disbursement date listed. So it would make sense that it should have happened last night right? The "anticipated aid" page only shows my spring aid now, the fall aid disappeared. But...its not in my student account. I talked to my financial aid advisor yesterday and she said she won't be back in the office until Monday. Just wondering if anybody is experiencing the same thing. I'm worried about when I'll get the refund in my bank account, I feel like I've been holding out for that forever and need to get some things I'll need for the professionalism program and just other general things.

Anybody else have the aid disappear from "anticipated aid" but not showing up in student account yet? Anybody know when we might expect direct deposit of loan refunds to go through?

itachiuchiha

Silver

Post by itachiuchiha » Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:13 pm

copperboom22 wrote:I don't know if anybody is even still posting in here but I don't feel like posting this in the facebook group so I guess its worth a shot.

So financial aid for fall was supposed to disburse on August 8 (yesterday). I'm just talking scholarship and stafford loan. On opus, my scholarship and stafford loans for fall and spring used to show up in "anticipated aid." Opus also says that the money is disbursed to student accounts overnight on the disbursement date listed. So it would make sense that it should have happened last night right? The "anticipated aid" page only shows my spring aid now, the fall aid disappeared. But...its not in my student account. I talked to my financial aid advisor yesterday and she said she won't be back in the office until Monday. Just wondering if anybody is experiencing the same thing. I'm worried about when I'll get the refund in my bank account, I feel like I've been holding out for that forever and need to get some things I'll need for the professionalism program and just other general things.

Anybody else have the aid disappear from "anticipated aid" but not showing up in student account yet? Anybody know when we might expect direct deposit of loan refunds to go through?
My aid disappeared too. I think it's common.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2017 Forum”