Michigan State Class of 2017 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2017)
SFSpartan

Silver

Re: Michigan State Class of 2017

Post by SFSpartan » Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:09 pm

m12345_ wrote:
bugsy33 wrote:
m12345_ wrote:hey guys..about living... i'm moving down from canada and i need to drive down there at some point to look for housing. i'm going to probably be looking to rent a house. i was thinking about making a trip in mid-july. would this be a good time to start looking for a lease beginning in august? should i be able to find a place in the short few days/weekend i'm there? not quite sure what the whole process is like for renting in the US. i'm hoping to look at a few places and sign a lease immediately upon finding something decent. any help/advice is much appreciated!

PS. someone should make a facebook page for the 2017 class
I would get down here a lot sooner than mid-july. If you're dead set on MSU law then you should come down ASAP to find housing. Remember there are 46,999 other people looking for housing this year in E.L. The sooner you can get a lease signed, the better.

i didn't think about heading down earlier because i was thinking that if i am looking to rent a house, no landlord would let me sign a lease in april/may, to begin in august....they would be potentially losing money?
Bugsy's advice is credited. It's not an issue of the landlord losing money, as they basically always have their houses and apartments filled. A lot is gone already, as leases for the 2014-15 school year started getting signed on October 1, 2013. Get to EL ASAP so you don't miss out on a house. They fill up faster than apartments.

vineyardchick07

New

Post by vineyardchick07 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:15 pm

I am withdrawing my application. Good luck everyone! :)

maburrell

New

Post by maburrell » Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:51 pm

Officially paid my deposits and found a roommate/apartment to live in. Ahhhh so excited!

Is there a MSU class of 2017 Facebook page? Would love to start talking to some future classmates :)

m12345_

New

Post by m12345_ » Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:21 pm

facebook page for admitted students:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/639343866111607/

bugsy33

Bronze

Post by bugsy33 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:20 am

Just want to throw this out there; I saw someone on the FB page saying they just signed up to live at the Village at Chandler Crossings, don't follow in their footsteps. The Chandler Crossings complexes, and really that whole area, is unsuitable for a law student. You will hear nonstop noise and 95% of the people living there are undergrads. The walls are paper thin. I lived there for two years during undergrad and it was seriously distracting.

Then again, you could always just not give a F*** and party your ass off there. We had a great three story beer bong going at the Club my junior year.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

TheSpanishMain

Gold

Post by TheSpanishMain » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:48 am

Hah, when I was at Michigan State as an undergrad (admittedly ten years ago now) Chandlers Crossing was brand new and had a bigger population of grad students. It's not walking distance from campus, so it seemed to attract a somewhat older crowd. Guess that's changed.

The big place to avoid was Cedar Village. Just off the east end of campus and full of the rowdiest, most insane students. After a basketball game, it was usually riot central. Basically Sadr City with a parking lot.

jnikburn

New

Post by jnikburn » Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:16 pm

I know this is a long shot but is anyone still waiting to hear back about the Waitlist in June? In the most recent letter I received it said that I should know whether I'm accepted to still waitlisted by June 15th which has obviously come and gone. Just curious if anyone else is waiting still?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “TLS Class of 2017 Forum”