Post clerkship hiring outcomes Forum

(Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User

Post clerkship hiring outcomes

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:49 pm

Folks who have gone/is going through the post-clerkship hiring process — care to post your non-identifiable stats (e.g. state? A3? circuit?) and outcomes (e.g. boutique, v50, etc)?

Recent grad; currently clerking at the district court level, and have a circuit clerkship lined up directly after. T14 but grades are very average (not sure how much grades matter in post-clerkship hiring??). Would like to go to a boutique but not sure if my grades take me out of the running for those. Anyways would be nice to hear about everyone’s outcome!

Anonymous User

Re: Post clerkship hiring outcomes

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:36 am

I've had a piss poor cycle.
COA clerk. Flyover circuit.
t14. Decent grades
Applied fairly broadly, but no apps to NYC.
Barely any bites. Still no market offers.
Have spoken with multiple ppl and had them review my materials. Not sure what has gone so wrong.
Last edited by Anonymous User on Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:59 am

Sorry to hear. Were you in big law before your clerkship or did you have a big law offer before starting your clerkship?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:28 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:36 am
I've had a piss poor cycle.
COA clerk. Flyover circuit.
t14. Decent grades
Applied fairly broadly, but no apps to NYC.
Barely any bites. Still no market offers.
Have spoken with multiple ppl and had them review my materials. Not sure what has gone so wrong.
decent grades as in top quarter?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”