Post-Clerkship Cover Letters? Forum

(Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User

Post-Clerkship Cover Letters?

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Nov 27, 2023 9:03 pm

Apologies if this has been asked, I could not find a clear answer. But I was wondering: If a firm's website does not specifically request a cover letter (i.e., email other materials to xyz@123.com to apply), is there an expectation to include one anyway? Or is the body of an email with a short introduction a proper replacement?

Anonymous User

Re: Post-Clerkship Cover Letters?

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Dec 06, 2023 12:56 pm

bumping, not original anon but interested in this

Anonymous User

Re: Post-Clerkship Cover Letters?

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Dec 06, 2023 2:26 pm

Your mileage may vary, but I just submitted a resume and transcript to each firm I applied to and nobody had any issues with it. I also didn't really want to have to re-read my writing sample to get ready for interviews, so I just didn't submit one even when it was requested and no firm asked for it.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”