Possibility of Competing Offers Forum

(Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Bobsmithington

New

Possibility of Competing Offers

Post by Bobsmithington » Mon Jun 19, 2023 1:57 pm

I have had two clerkship interviews and have others planned. I interviewed with Judge A a few days before B. I havent heard from either, but both indicated it would take at least a few days. I would like to clerk for B marginally more. How do I go anout this if A offers first?

I am worried about offending A.

armsfarther

New

Re: Possibility of Competing Offers

Post by armsfarther » Tue Jun 20, 2023 6:57 pm

Don't be, this happens all the time. Judges who hire on plan are supposed to give you 24 hours to respond to their offers - unless Judge A gives you a reason to think they're not following that rule, thank them for the offer, tell them you'll get back to them as soon as you can, and then immediately call Judge B to tell them that you just received an offer from another judge, but that you'd prefer to clerk for them.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”