Judges in Maine/VT/NH Forum

(Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User

Judges in Maine/VT/NH

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:57 pm

Looking for info on Judges in Maine (federal or the SJC), or federal judges in VT and NH. Does anyone have any insights into their hiring practices, particularly when it comes to out-of-staters? I want to practice up there and I feel like it would be a lot easier to break into the smaller market with a local clerkship.How much will being at a lower T14 help? I have strong New England ties and a demonstrable intent to practice in Maine.

Anonymous User

Re: Judges in Maine/VT/NH

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:54 am

Several fed judges up there hire term clerks right out of law school or with just a few years of experience, just pay attention to OSCAR. Emphasize connection to the area in the cover letter for sure and your genuine interest/connection to judge. Was able to get a few interviews with decent grades at a lower T14 + LR.

tk421991

Bronze

Re: Judges in Maine/VT/NH

Post by tk421991 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:23 am

I have some info on the Federal judges in NH. Feel free to PM.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”