CDCal/NDCal Clerk Taking Questions Forum

(Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User

Re: CDCal/NDCal Clerk Taking Questions

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:48 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:03 pm
Anyone have any news on Judge Chen? Saw he was accepting email applications on June 23
No news exactly, but I can say I sent in my app the day he posted and didn't get any kind of confirmation email. I also talked to a prof who's pretty keyed into ND Cal judges in general and they warned me that Seeborg was already interviewing but didn't say anything about where Chen was in the process when I mentioned I was applying to him. I think it's safe to assume that he's hanging back and taking his time, especially since he posted on the 23rd.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:49 pm

armsfarther wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:38 pm
Anonymous User wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:50 pm
Anonymous User wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:02 pm
Anyone have any intel on MJ Beeler in SF?
Also interested in MJ Ryu!
Don't know about Beeler but Ryu is wonderful.
Ryu and Beeler are both great. Beeler is known as a workaholic but you will learn a lot.

Note that an ND Cal MJ clerkship is a lot like a DJ clerkship. MJs are put on the civil calendar assignment wheel just like the DJs and most parties consent to MJ jurisdiction (especially to senior MJs). The ND Cal local rules restrict the types of referrals to MJs. There are obviously still settlement referrals and some discovery referrals (most DJs handle discovery themselves), so you're largely handling your own cases.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:00 pm

Does anyone have any insight into ballpark GPA you would need coming from UChicago given our grading is so different?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Mar 07, 2024 1:26 am

Anyone know anything about Holly Thomas?

She had an opening for immediate start in like October 2023 and I wasn't sure if parting ways with a clerk like 2 months in might be indicative of any red flags.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Mar 07, 2024 2:08 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 1:26 am
Anyone know anything about Holly Thomas?

She had an opening for immediate start in like October 2023 and I wasn't sure if parting ways with a clerk like 2 months in might be indicative of any red flags.
Haven't heard anything negative from other clerks in Pasadena.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Mar 30, 2024 10:09 am

Kato has a 9-month posting that starts in December. Is there any context for that timing to be aware of?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Mar 30, 2024 11:17 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2024 10:09 am
Kato has a 9-month posting that starts in December. Is there any context for that timing to be aware of?
I’d expect that she wants to get back on the normal hiring cycle since she was just recently confirmed and got a new clerk spot.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Mar 30, 2024 12:54 pm

What's the tea on Thompson's clerks quitting?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”