Writing Sample Question Forum

(Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User

Writing Sample Question

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:59 pm

I have a federal district court clerkship for 2016 and am beginning to apply for federal courts of appeals for 2017. Would it be okay to use my previous writing sample? It was a draft order/opinion for a district court judge (class exercise - not actual work product) or should I use one of my appellate briefs from moot court? I feel that the draft order/opinion is a better reflection of my research/writing abilities and am only debating this because it isn't targeted towards an appellate judge. TIA.

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Re: Writing Sample Question

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:25 am

Use whatever is your best piece of writing.

Anonymous User

Re: Writing Sample Question

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:58 am

Sorry to highjack, but in a very similar boat. Does the same apply with Law Review Notes and, if yes, would you recommend cutting them down or sending the entire thing?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”