Clerking from Non T1 School Forum

(Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User

Clerking from Non T1 School

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:19 pm

Does anyone have insight on the chances of obtaining COA clerkships from T2 schools? I'm in the top 1 % of my class with LR.

theaccidentalclerk

Bronze

Re: Clerking from Non T1 School

Post by theaccidentalclerk » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:45 pm

If you are legitimately top 1% (so in the top 5 students, and probably more like top 3 students) at a T2, then you should be competitive for COA interviews. Not DC, and you'll have an uphill climb in 2/7/9 (though, on the other hand, there are a ton of judges in those circuits, so you never know), but I bet you'll get a handful of interviews.

Now, apply for USDC clerkships as well -- a handful could be three, in which case there's a solid possibility (close to 50%) that you don't get an offer. But honestly, I'd rather be in your position than around the top 10% mark at a non-HYS T14.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”