Penn Class of 2016 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2016)
SportsFan

Silver

Re: Penn Class of 2016

Post by SportsFan » Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:42 pm

karich wrote:Anyone have any idea about what the internet/cable situation is like in UCity? Which companies are in the area/which don't suck?
Most likely you'll have Comcast, though I'm guessing some places have FiOS.

JamesDean1955

Silver

Post by JamesDean1955 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:11 pm

Anyone have success picking up their PennCard already and getting gym access for August?

SaintsTheMetal

Bronze

Post by SaintsTheMetal » Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:35 pm

JamesDean1955 wrote:Anyone have success picking up their PennCard already and getting gym access for August?
yes done both a while ago. Summer rate was retarded ($100 for like 5 weeks) but just said fck it

JamesDean1955

Silver

Post by JamesDean1955 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:13 pm

SaintsTheMetal wrote:
JamesDean1955 wrote:Anyone have success picking up their PennCard already and getting gym access for August?
yes done both a while ago. Summer rate was retarded ($100 for like 5 weeks) but just said fck it
Awesome, thanks. So I did the PennCard application online today; how long after submitting your application was it ready for pick-up?

Also, do you just take your PennCard to the gym and pay the fee there, or is there another way to do it? That rate isn't the best but I will be doing the same...

SaintsTheMetal

Bronze

Post by SaintsTheMetal » Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:40 pm

JamesDean1955 wrote:
SaintsTheMetal wrote:
Awesome, thanks. So I did the PennCard application online today; how long after submitting your application was it ready for pick-up?

Also, do you just take your PennCard to the gym and pay the fee there, or is there another way to do it? That rate isn't the best but I will be doing the same...
i didnt do anything online for the penncard. Walked into the penncard office, took my photo there, got card instantly. Paid on the backside of the gym. Note they will not let u inside or allow u to sign up until u have your penncard

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

sopranorleone

Bronze

Post by sopranorleone » Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:33 pm

SaintsTheMetal wrote:
JamesDean1955 wrote:
SaintsTheMetal wrote:

i didnt do anything online for the penncard. Walked into the penncard office, took my photo there, got card instantly. Paid on the backside of the gym. Note they will not let u inside or allow u to sign up until u have your penncard
If either of you -- or any incoming 1L who likes to pump iron -- would like to work out at Pottruck, PM me. I'm a rising 2L, so we can chat about law school (or whatever you like) in-between sets. I'm back in Philly early next week, but may be tied up with interviews over the following 2-3 weeks. But I'm always glad to help my 1L brethren.

Uncle Lou

Bronze

Post by Uncle Lou » Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:48 pm

Figured I should check back in to this thread. I'm starting to get excited.

PennBull

Diamond

Post by PennBull » Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:27 am

Uncle Lou wrote:Figured I should check back in to this thread. I'm starting to get excited.
Your orientation is going to kick so much ass

karich

New

Post by karich » Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:22 pm

PennBull wrote:
Uncle Lou wrote:Figured I should check back in to this thread. I'm starting to get excited.

I believe you, but go ooonnnnnnnnnnnn

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

JamesDean1955

Silver

Post by JamesDean1955 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:36 pm

So I'm not sure why my case was different, but I paid the annual membership fee at the gym and the rest of August only cost $20.

Uncle Lou

Bronze

Post by Uncle Lou » Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:14 pm

karich wrote:
PennBull wrote:

I'm so excited for the yacht club one.

dsn32

Bronze

Post by dsn32 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:07 pm

Uncle Lou wrote:
karich wrote:
PennBull wrote:

I'm so excited for the yacht club one.
Just sent in my check for that one. Honestly, orientation looks ridiculously awesome top to bottom (outside of the two long days Thursday and Friday).

Uncle Lou

Bronze

Post by Uncle Lou » Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:36 pm

dsn32 wrote:
Uncle Lou wrote: I'm so excited for the yacht club one.
Just sent in my check for that one. Honestly, orientation looks ridiculously awesome top to bottom (outside of the two long days Thursday and Friday).
Yup. I saw paddle boarding and squealed. Paddle boarding is so much fun, and while I'm a little skeptical of doing it in the Delaware, it's a lot closer than my usual spot.

Also, I will ROCK the scavenger hunt. Seriously, vote for me for your team.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

PennBull

Diamond

Post by PennBull » Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:46 pm

Uncle Lou wrote:
dsn32 wrote:
Uncle Lou wrote: I'm so excited for the yacht club one.
Yup. I saw paddle boarding and squealed. Paddle boarding is so much fun, and while I'm a little skeptical of doing it in the Delaware, it's a lot closer than my usual spot.

Also, I will ROCK the scavenger hunt. Seriously, vote for me for your team.
Scavenger hunt will be money.

bumblebeetuna

New

Post by bumblebeetuna » Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:10 am

Never been yachting before, but I figured it would be the most social event as opposed to shopping (walnut st. and reading terminal) or looking at art.

And yes, orientation is looking very bad ass. Bowling anyone?

Nickg415

Bronze

Post by Nickg415 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:21 pm

bumblebeetuna wrote:Never been yachting before, but I figured it would be the most social event as opposed to shopping (walnut st. and reading terminal) or looking at art.

Other than some a bit on a dinky little catamaran this will be my first time sailing all together but definitely the best choice out of the bunch. I'm still undecided on bowling. I'm pretty horrible at it (think bumper lanes). Have you already sent in your check for the yachting? I'm wondering if I need to mail a check out or if I can just wait until I get into town.

dsn32

Bronze

Post by dsn32 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:04 pm

Nickg415 wrote:
bumblebeetuna wrote:Never been yachting before, but I figured it would be the most social event as opposed to shopping (walnut st. and reading terminal) or looking at art.

Other than some a bit on a dinky little catamaran this will be my first time sailing all together but definitely the best choice out of the bunch. I'm still undecided on bowling. I'm pretty horrible at it (think bumper lanes). Have you already sent in your check for the yachting? I'm wondering if I need to mail a check out or if I can just wait until I get into town.
I'm doing both yachting and bowling! I'm not fantastic at bowling either, I will score anywhere from a 70 to a 160, and I definitely think that both will be much more social events than anything else haha.

And for the check, I believe the site said they need to have been received by the 16th.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

bumblebeetuna

New

Post by bumblebeetuna » Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:56 pm

dsn32 wrote:
Nickg415 wrote:

I'm doing both yachting and bowling! I'm not fantastic at bowling either, I will score anywhere from a 70 to a 160, and I definitely think that both will be much more social events than anything else haha.

And for the check, I believe the site said they need to have been received by the 16th.
Hell yes.

Nickg, as for sucking at bowling, I do too if that makes you feel any better. But beer + plus chucking a semi-heavy ball at some shit is just some good ol' fashioned fun though. Come on out.

As for the check, I'm writing them out right now actually. And, yeah, it's either the 15th or the 16th that Penn needs to receive it the checks by I'm pretty sure.

PennBull

Diamond

Post by PennBull » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:06 pm

You must all come bowling because a.) it was my idea b.) it's at a kickass bowling alley and c.) free food

bumblebeetuna

New

Post by bumblebeetuna » Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:40 am

Well, as per occurrences happening this past Saturday, I'll be the guy walking around with the surgical boot, haha. Come say hi!

I might need some help getting on the yacht since I'll probably still be on crutches, :P

Mr. Frodo

Bronze

Post by Mr. Frodo » Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:48 am

bumblebeetuna wrote:Well, as per occurrences happening this past Saturday, I'll be the guy walking around with the surgical boot, haha. Come say hi!

I might need some help getting on the yacht since I'll probably still be on crutches, :P
Ironically there are not yachts at the yacht club, only yard games, booze, and small sailboats (and a pool).

Still awesome though and I'm looking for to it.

Lawn Bocce anyone?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

bumblebeetuna

New

Post by bumblebeetuna » Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:10 am

Mr. Frodo wrote:Ironically there are not yachts at the yacht club, only yard games, booze, and small sailboats (and a pool).

Still awesome though and I'm looking for to it.

Lawn Bocce anyone?
Even better. And yes to lawn bocce. Aside from sitting on my ass, bocce is one of the activities I'll have no problem with.

PennBull

Diamond

Post by PennBull » Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:18 am

bumblebeetuna wrote:Well, as per occurrences happening this past Saturday, I'll be the guy walking around with the surgical boot, haha. Come say hi!

I know that feel, I did all my OCI callbacks on crutches haha

I know from firsthand experience that Penn Law is handicap accessible. Make sure to sign up for the the Handivan! Just Google Penn Accessible Transit. They'll provide essentially a personal private taxi as long as you're hurt. Won't go past 20th Street though.

bumblebeetuna

New

Post by bumblebeetuna » Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:47 am

PennBull wrote:

I know that feel, I did all my OCI callbacks on crutches haha

I know from firsthand experience that Penn Law is handicap accessible. Make sure to sign up for the the Handivan! Just Google Penn Accessible Transit. They'll provide essentially a personal private taxi as long as you're hurt. Won't go past 20th Street though.
Very happy to hear that, sounds great. Thanks for the heads up.

So you powered through on the callbacks eh? Nice. Not a bad conversation starter im guessing.

Nickg415

Bronze

Post by Nickg415 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:59 pm

Just sent in the checks for Orientation week. Between Penn LAWn games and the Yacht club outing it sounds like we will be getting our fair share of lawn games next week . Anyone play/heard of Spikeball? I'm thinking of bringing a set.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2016 Forum”